Is the latest map update for the Amundsen infotainment system really 2020/21??

I have a 2014 Octavia Scout (which I would have replaced by now if only an Octavia with all-wheel steering was still in production). I have just tried to update the GPS map for the Amundsen infotainment system fitted to the car, but the latest version available at the Skoda update portal is 2020/21, which is the version currently installed. Is there really no way of obtaining a more recent update??

There is an aftermarket 2023 one available, will link thread when I find it again. I'm doing this today myself ;)

Edited by Kuba321
  • Like 1

VAG/Skoda don't update maps for more than 5 years after the infotainment system stopped being used in production.

A 2014 Scout will have a MIB1 Amundsen which was last used in production in mid 2015, hence the newest maps are 2020/2021.

3 hours ago, Kuba321 said:

There is an aftermarket 2023 one available, will link thread when I find it again. I'm doing this today myself ;)

Great, thanks - look forward to that link!

3 hours ago, Kuba321 said:

7 minutes ago, ords said:

I have just done this update successfully.

Excellent!  Where did you find the update?

2 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

VAG/Skoda don't update maps for more than 5 years after the infotainment system stopped being used in production.

A 2014 Scout will have a MIB1 Amundsen which was last used in production in mid 2015, hence the newest maps are 2020/2021.

Thanks - guess I was expecting too much!

1 minute ago, David001608 said:

Excellent!  Where did you find the update?

scroll up! i posted it already. Did it myself just 10 mins ago. Use the same SD card you have in your current system and just drag and drop the new files.

6 minutes ago, Kuba321 said:

Updating my MIB1 Amundsen firmware later today to 490

I did that a few years ago and to be honest didn't notice any difference. However it could be that without the update you won't be able to load the 2023 maps. Just my thinking.

26 minutes ago, Kuba321 said:

scroll up! i posted it already. Did it myself just 10 mins ago. Use the same SD card you have in your current system and just drag and drop the new files.

I'm clearly being stupid, but where exactly? Blowed if I can find it!

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, varaderoguy said:

I think peeps are missing the difference between MIB2 (on cars between 2013 and 2017) 

That's not correct, 2013 to early 2015 cars had a MIB1 system not a MIB2. The change to MIB2 happened around Q2 2015.

MIB1 maps stopped being issued in 2020/21 (5 years after the last production date).

MIB2 maps are still being issued  (but later than usual) - I've just updated to the 2024 maps.

2 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

That's not correct, 2013 to early 2015 cars had a MIB1 system not a MIB2. The change to MIB2 happened around Q2 2015.

MIB1 maps stopped being issued in 2020/21 (5 years after the last production date).

MIB2 maps are still being issued  (but later than usual) - I've just updated to the 2024 maps.

You are right....I've deleted my posting. Sorry...was thinking about a different setup. Yes, MIB1 systems are no longer updated. However what I will say is that it is usually (relatively easy) to upgrade from an MIB1 to an MIB2 system (with larger screen). The OP can contact @pab567 who can assist with that if they wish.

18 hours ago, Xixak said:

Hello. I have same problem. Webside don´t working. Please someone who has the file downloaded. Let that file upload it to another repository and share the link. Thanks ;) 

I've just tried the website & it's working.  I did this update without any problem a few weeks ago. Download the 2 files separately.  Delete the old files from the sd card (make a back up copy first) then just drag the new files onto the card.

https://mibsolution.one/#/1/15/MSTD