2.0 Petrol vRS DSG Services Question

Just a couple of quickies regarding the petrol vRS DSG.... (MY22 car)

Is it a timing belt or chain? (If it's a belt i'm assuming it's every 5 years like others?)

And what's the service interval for the DSG? (My current DSG is 4 years/40,000 miles).

Timing chain.  But someone else can maybe confirm.

(& If  it had been a Cam Belt best not assume that it is every 5 years, because VW / Skoda dropped that in the Non-Dust UK last year for TSI,s.)

As to the DSG, if a DQ381 7 speed wet clutch the Service Schedule is at 80,000 miles.    You might want to think on that being done sooner.  & correctly. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

It's when the car or app tells you and I believe other information is in the handbooks.

I'll be waiting a long time then as I've since found it's a timing chain so doesn't need any service interval. And it looks to be the general consensus that leaving the DSG service till the car possibly tells you is at your own risk too. 😉  (and as owners manuals are generic to a model I've never seen mention in any of my previous VAG owners manuals that state whether a car has a timing belt or chain either)

38 minutes ago, Rooted said:

Timing chain.  But someone else can maybe confirm.

(& If  it had been a Cam Belt best not assume that it is every 5 years, because VW / Skoda dropped that in the Non-Dust UK last year for TSI,s.)

As to the DSG, if a DQ381 7 speed wet clutch the Service Schedule is at 80,000 miles.    You might want to think on that being done sooner.  & correctly. 

Yep I've just found out the same on another group I'm on. Chain rather than belt (I thought it was chain but had seen something online that said belt so it threw me somewhat) and it's the DQ381 so 80,000 miles with no mention of a time.... My current DSG (DQ200) on the Superb is 4 years / 40,000 miles so I'm going to just stick with what I'm used to although I'll stretch it slightly to between 4 and 5 years if it means tying it in with an annual service etc.....

Edited by WaveyDavey

The infotainment system will tell you when it needs a service or how many days until it needs one, I'm certain the app will also tell you how many days until it's needed, so you can book it well in advance, I usually book mine 40 days in advance as so to stop the computer going all womanly and constantly nagging you to get it done.

2 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

The infotainment system will tell you when it needs a service or how many days until it needs one, I'm certain the app will also tell you how many days until it's needed, so you can book it well in advance, I usually book mine 40 days in advance as so to stop the computer going all womanly and constantly nagging you to get it done.

As above..... It's got a timing chain so doesn't need a service for that..... And if you leave the DSG for the full 80,000 miles then you're possibly asking for expensive DSG problems.

2 minutes ago, Rooted said:

@WaveyDavey   What car /engine do you have with a DQ200 DSG? 

A DQ200 DSG has no Service Schedule, Guidelines, Recommendation or Spec for oil changes.   Just saying so people do not get the wrong end of a long stick. 

Well done... You spotted my deliberate typo mistake to make sure you were taking notice. 😁   Should have read DQ250 not DQ200. (MY11 Superb CR140).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rooted said:

@WaveyDavey  Does your car have a VAQ diff (front), and if so was it serviced at 3 years / 30,000 miles?  

It's the petrol vRS so I think it has it as standard? The car is only 2 years old and done 13k miles though.

• Like 1