MK1 vRS Octavia - SOLD

I’ve decided the time has come to sell my Mk1 Octavia vRS.

It’s been known on the forum for quite a while and a lot of the car’s history can be found here : 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/219974-mk1-vrs-stage-2-r-tech-tuned/

I'm selling because I need to simplify my life.  I have four vehicles in total and in reality I don’t need all of them.  I’m also selling our van as it’s not really needed any more and then I’ll hopefully be able to buy a Mk3 4x4 vRS diesel.

The Octavia is R-Tech Stage 2 tuned and is a great car.  It’s running over 230bhp & over 300lb ft of torque and has been since 2013.  It was already a good car when I bought it back in 2019 & since then I’ve been fettling it to make things even better.  It’s currently on 126k but this will increase as I use it most days.  There are two keys and a folder choc full of receipts of things that have been done over the years.  The R-Tech printout is also in there to back up the power figures.

It's had a lot of money spent on it since I bought it as I was planning on keeping it for a long time.  It’s had a new steering rack, uprated clutch, custom exhaust, all the deletes done (with no warning lights), a Recaro interior, DAB CD player & various other things to make it totally reliable and easy to live with.  The cruise control is a nice touch too, as are the rear parking sensors.

I run it on Millers Nanodrive NT+ oil which seems to suit the car well and I only ever use V-Power fuel.  The wheels are currently 18” OZ Ultraleggera with Michelin PS5 tyres but there’s also a set of 17” TD Pro Race 2 with Rainsport 3 tyres on.  The OZ wheels are currently fetching over £1k for a decent set with tyres.  It’ll probably come on the Team Dynamics wheels unless a deal can be had for the OZ wheels, or both sets if required.

I had the bonnet, tailgate, spoiler and rear bumper resprayed last year which cost over £1000.  The roof is wrapped black to match the mirror caps.  

I'm trying to be as honest as I can about the car as I want any prospective owner to be aware of what they are buying.  It’s not pristine but when cleaned up it’s a nice looking car.  It is used daily now the salt is off the roads and we use it as our family transport unless the dog comes with us, then we use the van. Having said that I planned on giving it a good clean inside when the weather improved to make the carpet as clean as possible.  I’m still waiting for a few dry days to be able to do that…..

It's not smoked in & I don’t let the kids eat in the car either.  I’m located in Scarborough if you want to view the car & thought I’d advertise it on here first before I brave the madness of Facebook & all the pain that will bring.

I’m looking for £2500 with the car on the Team Dynamics wheels and am happy to answer any questions you may have.  I’ll log in after work most days so if you message me, I promise to get back to you.  Alternatively you can message me on [email protected] and I'll pick that email up at the end of each day.

Thanks,

Andrew.

PXL_20221024_104708497.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

PXL_20240218_133502574.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20240218_133438128.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

PXL_20211024_115022808.jpg

PXL_20211024_115011910.jpg

Edited by skinnyman
Fixed formatting.
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, TrevorB33 said:

cant believe you still have the ignis 😀

I know! 😄  We've had it since 2013 and I can see us keeping it another ten years as it's a cracking little car - loads of fun.

As for the Octavia, I'm hoping it will go to a good home as it is a great car & will be missed when it goes.

• Like 1

• Administrators

You absolute madman... Don't regret this. If anything, keep it and store it if you can. So many are being broken now for spares, there won't be many left!
P.S. I want your rear bumper!

• Like 2

Shame you have to sell, hope you don't regret it, still miss mine occasionally, but don't miss my MK3.5, Good luck with the sale, hope it goes to a good home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean said:

You absolute madman... Don't regret this. If anything, keep it and store it if you can. So many are being broken now for spares, there won't be many left!
P.S. I want your rear bumper!

I know I'll regret it. I already am! As for the rear bumper, it comes with a free car! 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, andy68 said:

Shame you have to sell, hope you don't regret it, still miss mine occasionally, but don't miss my MK3.5, Good luck with the sale, hope it goes to a good home.

What was wrong with the 3.5? I'm considering one of those so I'd appreciate knowing about any potential issues.👍

• skinnyman changed the title to MK1 vRS Octavia - SOLD
On 09/04/2024 at 22:38, skinnyman said:

What was wrong with the 3.5? I'm considering one of those so I'd appreciate knowing about any potential issues.👍

Congrats on the sale, is it staying on here?

Nothing wrong with the 3.5, It just didn't grab me like the MK1 did.

8 hours ago, andy68 said:

Congrats on the sale, is it staying on here?

Nothing wrong with the 3.5, It just didn't grab me like the MK1 did.

The lad who bought it said he might keep the project thread going so hopefully.

As for your other thread, I'll have a read of that later.  👍