RNS-510 Columbus Map Update Issue

Afternoon.

So had my Superb II TDi 4x4 CR estate since Jan, and I've been pottering around replacing this and sorting that.

Having some issues with my maps though on the Columbus (trying to upgrade to 2020 V17).

Updated to 5238 software no problem, but a map disk from markshome1382 on ebay came up with CD/DVD error. Pls check CD/DVD. I asked his advice, started a return, got my money back, but he also sent me another disc in the post which came up with the same error.

Anyone encountered this/know any work arounds/know where a solution might be sought ?

Entering post codes into my phone to look at a map to then find the location on my Columbus is a bit of a faff.

System details : 3T0035680G, H42, 5238, Navteq, 7074.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ? Bueller ?

I'll try to reinstall 5238 and then the maps again and failing that I'll brick it and buy an apple car play.

I cant even check the CD integrity as none of my PCs have a CD drive anymore.....

The DVD drives can be a bit sketchy these days.

There used to be an alternative method (Maptool) where you'd use a CD to start the map update and it would pull it from an SD card. Might be worth trying a RNS-510 repairer to see if they can provide the CD/SD combo to update your maps.

Random example of a repairer who might be able to help: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296282628527

6 hours ago, langers2k said:

The DVD drives can be a bit sketchy these days.

There used to be an alternative method (Maptool) where you'd use a CD to start the map update and it would pull it from an SD card. Might be worth trying a RNS-510 repairer to see if they can provide the CD/SD combo to update your maps.

Random example of a repairer who might be able to help: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296282628527

That could be a result, thank you for that, I'll report back 🙂