2014 Skoda Tour de France, key set question please:

I've had my fab Skoda from new, bought in July 2014. It's just turned 90K miles, sweet as a nut.

I've only used the one key fab from day one. That key fob has had 4 batteries, changed before they failed.

Last battery went in 3 weeks ago, 'life time' battery. This fob works perfectly although the keyless lock 'touch' on the handle was hesitant this afternoon, but worked fine second try.

This could be just me and touching the handle in the wrong spot, it is sensitive to exactly where you make contact, both front doors are like this from new.

I tried the second unused key fob this afternoon and it flashes the small red light but the car does not respond in any way (only tried it to lock/unlock the car).

I presume the two key codes are miles apart from each other, or the unused second fob's battery is too weak to work with the car.

Not sure, but can anyone please advise how to get the two fobs to work with the car?

Thanks in advance, Graham.

No, nothing like that.

I hope to drop into my Skoda dealer (who sold me the car) tomorrow and ask them if the two fobs/car can be 'aligned' and both work the Keyless Locking.

Maybe the battery in the unused fab is flat, it has been 10 years just in a drawer.

Think I have this all sorted now, both fobs work as buttons and keyless.

Changed the batteries in both fobs at Skoda dealership this afternoon, and even the handbook tells you how to sync the fobs together(!).

As I did this (press out of sync fob button once (any button) and wait 1 minute. Key synchonizes with the car.

The more I tried the freshly synchronized fob the more even the operation, ie both front doors unlocked off the button and keyless, then all doors, then the boot as well and then the engine could be started.

Now, both fobs are the same.

Result!

Cost of battery changes, just £13.86 for two batteries fitted there and then, and the chance to talk a little about the forthcoming new Skoda Superb, quite fancy one!

Surprisingly cheap i thought.