Swings and roundabouts

Hi folks

A friend is about to purchase a 2021 octavia first edition which I understand comes with the swing headunit. Not to start AnOThEr thread about headunit woes, but I have two questions: 

• Have folk who have had the swing headunit experienced the classic freezes/POP-POP/nonsense? A quick search of the mega-thread didn't suggest so, but I may have missed comments elsewhere
  • What is the latest software version for swing? 

Ta very much 

The loan SE First Edition I ran for five months (and 8k miles) in 2021 had a Swing unit. Zero issues. 

No idea on version numbers though, sorry.

21 hours ago, SteveTheElder said:

The loan SE First Edition I ran for five months (and 8k miles) in 2021 had a Swing unit. Zero issues. 

No idea on version numbers though, sorry.

Cheers man! 

On 13/04/2024 at 04:32, Aarond said:

Have folk who have had the swing headunit experienced the classic freezes/POP-POP/nonsense? A quick search of the mega-thread didn't suggest so, but I may have missed comments elsewhere

The pop-pop noise is related to the SOS/Telematics/OCU module that is seperate from the head unit. It would need an update from the dealer. I'm pretty sure the OCU is a seperate unit no matter the head unit.