Annoying rattle in rear/middle driver's side with softest suspension

Hello,

About 2 months ago I bought a 2017 Superb L&K 4x4 280hp, and it started to develop this annoying rattle in the driver's side. It sounds like the sound a heatshield or exhaust makes when it's loose, but I took it to a mechanic and he says he can't find the source of the noise, but it might be the shock absorbers, since the rattle is much more obvious in comfort mode when going over bumps and depressions, and it's almost non-existent with the stiffest suspension in sport mode.

I can still take the car back to get it checked, but the dealer is pretty far away and the process would be a massive PITA, so I just wanted to try any other options first and ask you guys whether you had anything like this before.

Thanks for your help,

Tiankai

@Tiankai

Welcome to the forum.

No idea as to your rattle, as easiest to identify when with the car.

OT, but has your car got a history of the Halex been serviced now & if enough miles done the DSG serviced & the Spark Plugs replaced. 

Any advisories at the MOT for misting of the dampers, or anything at the Service or pre sales report? 

The Prop Shaft couplers are worth inspecting to see just how they look.