Door lock adjustment

Yety

I'm trying to track down some annoying "rattles" which have developed over the last few months.

Checked ARB drop links, some plastic interior trim around the gear lever, adjusted the rear hatch stops, but although reduced the noise is still there over jiggly road surfaces.

Is there any way to adjust the door shut clamping on the seals. I've sort of tried the catch on the door jamb, which on most cars I've had can re moved inwards slightly. These seem to be non adjustable, and I'm nervous of losing the interior threaded plate if it it is not captive.

Any advice welcome. 

This may not be the source of your problem - we all know how a frustrating it can be trying to tackle rattles - but for about six months my wife and I drove around trying to pick up where a rattle was coming from. I checked and tightened every fixing I could see, we emptied out all the boxes and side pockets, emptied the boot, checked under the seats, even took the spare wheel and tools out from under the boot floor. Still we had the rattle. Then purely by chance I found one of the pegs that the parcel shelf strings hang from was loose. Only half a turn or so but I tightened it up and no more rattle. So might be worth checking as it only takes two seconds. 

• Like 1

Thanks, checked that out, but not the answer. The noise sounds like two heavy bits jiggling together somewhere under the N/S floor area. But as you say, odd noises are hard to track down. 

I need to get a new noise sorted, as it sounds like a CV joint starting to go. I have a local indie who is much better at listening to what you are saying, so I might be able to get both sorted when up in the air on a hoist.