Roof-rack estate without rails

Hello.  I think I have read a post with a similar topic but I can't locate it.  The thing is that I recently bought a skoda octavia combi, it was a dealer management car and it came without rails on the roof, the thing is that I would like to put a fixed roof rack on it and I thought that when it came without the rails it would be placed like the one on the liftback but as seen in the photos the door arches do not have the lidtback fixing holes.  Talked to Thule, they do not have a specific kit, Cruz does not respond and Internet searches do not provide solutions, has anyone been in the same situation and found a solution?  .... there are always vacuum racks but I would prefer a fixed one... for my need, carrying surfboards, there are also soft racks but honestly for peace of mind I prefer a "traditional" rack... Thank you for your attention.IMG-20240407-WA00033.thumb.jpeg.704527ad08ae50e0200df1c5ceab06f1.jpegScreenshot_20240409-084317_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.d7d99ae35586c580ddbdd57d720809bd.jpg20240409_151138.thumb.jpg.6ed7448bba9853961b06dc2214d70481.jpg20240409_151115.thumb.jpg.080bc817507417313731e23e5cc58506.jpg

• Like 1

Worth double checking you defo don't have the fixing points.
They were more like dimples than holes on the mk6 golf and I struggled to find them every time I wanted to put the bars on.

Thank you, I have looked closely and there is definitely no type of hole

8 minutes ago, avi4tor said:

Can you get the rails retro-fitted?  I didn't know they did the estate without rails.

I wouldn't be having holes drilled in the roof, no matter how well done it's asking for trouble later....

2 hours ago, avi4tor said:

Can you get the rails retro-fitted?  I didn't know they did the estate without rails.

IMG_3989.jpeg

I think it's possible but it means not only drilling holes in the roof but also having to remove the interior roof and I'm not sure I want to do all that to a new car.

• Like 1

I think so too.  It would be perfect if Thule had a fitting kit for their black wingbar edge

@Jose@ have you found any solution? I have exactly the same problem in my octavia 3.

I am considering 3 options, because i need to mount roof box:
- vacuumrack
- box for the hook
- purchase a roof rack for the hatchback/sedan version, remove the pins that go into the roof and put rubber in that spot to tighten the grip.

Edited by otacon3

1 hour ago, otacon3 said:

@Jose@ have you found any solution? I have exactly the same problem in my octavia 3.

I am considering 3 options, because i need to mount roof box:
- vacuumrack
- box for the hook
- purchase a roof rack for the hatchback/sedan version, remove the pins that go into the roof and put rubber in that spot to tighten the grip.

Hello.  No, I haven't decided anything yet.  I am considering options similar to those you mention, the vacuum rack seems reliable but I don't know if my fears would support it... and it must be added that it does not have any anti-theft system (I have seen treefrog, sea sucker,...).  The option I really like is to adapt the system from the sedan (keep in mind that the camber angle at the rear may be different) or from another similar vehicle without pins.  In reality, in systems like Thule or Cruz, the bars and feet are the same, only the adjustment kit changes. I am convinced that what you mention has to work in practice, but I am still investigating the legal and insurance consequences (in Spanish legislation). ) may have in the event of an accident that the system is not "approved" for the specific vehicle.  Let's see if someone else can give us some more ideas.

• Like 1