Smartlink activation

Superhoop

Just bought a 21 Scala. The infotainment unit (is it a Bolero??) suggests Smartlink is available, although it is not activated. The Skoda dealer quoted me £250 for activation.

I see elsewhere that activation can be achieved quite cheaply and easily for other units, e.g. MIB 2. Any suggestions for this one please?

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-19 at 15.50.46.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-19 at 18.05.59.jpeg

Edited by Superhoop

You have to pay for it, as there is no mib3 patch. There is cable Smartlink, which you can extend with 3rd party dongles for around 100e or buy the license from Skoda for Wireless Smartlink. Initially, I used 3rd party dongle. However, later on, I paid for the license to get back one usb-c. BTW, don't forget to update the Bolero software to the latest 1800 version, so the latest samsung mobile phones can work without any problems.

Thank you very much for the reply FnLn. Do you have any links / instructions for the cable / dongle solution you mention?