Electric front windows

Hi guys I'm new to this forum I've had a skoda fabia 1.9 sport for a little while now my front electric windows have stopped working both side it started with them being a bit jittery and very very slow to close now I have nothing the fuses are fine and have power to them I've been told but a couple of people it could be the controls inside the drivers door has this happend to anyone and any idea what I need to look up to get a new part many thanks Laura 

Hello, the issue could be down to the switch for operating the windows. I had a similar issue and removed the window switch and stripped it apart in order to clean the contacts. It's a bit fiddly and there are some small parts that you need to be careful with but it could be a cheap fix for you.

Try operating the windows by turning the key in driver's side door lock and holding it fully turned. (Start with locked car).

Doors should all unlock and if you keep key fully turned, windows should start lowering together. 

That effectively bypasses the switches to test the motor itself. 

• Like 1

N14 NNC

family friend who is doing my MOT next weekend is willing to change the switches for me is it these I need? 

Screenshot_20240420_195957_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240420_200010_eBay.jpg

Breezy_pete I've tried that in the past that didn't work but my central licking isn't great lol 

Probably the module, not the switches, but see if the switches light up if the car's lights are switched on.

That tests for unbroken earth connection to switch pack, if they do illuminate, very unlikely that both switches failed at same time.

Message me with the VIN if you'd like me to check part number of motor module, without any door disassembly. 

Edited by Breezy_Pete

On 21/04/2024 at 10:24, Lauraloobs said:

N14 NNC

family friend who is doing my MOT next weekend is willing to change the switches for me is it these I need? 

Screenshot_20240420_195957_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240420_200010_eBay.jpg

Breezy_pete I've tried that in the past that didn't work but my central licking isn't great lol 

Yes that's them - both of mine were faulty due to water ingress. Hopefully that will sort your issue