Oil - Quantum Platinum for servicing ?

I have 5L + some more of unused Quantum Platinum, think it is the 10w40 stuff I believe....for regular service, for my vrs is only 4k miles approx

I'm pending service my wifes citigo 1.0 and this my petrol 2014 vRS

Would you use the Quantum in my car or hers...if not quantum i'd be getting petronas or fuchs or something otherwise in 5w40 for my vRS

The correct oil for fixed oil serviced on the TSI from 2014 is to VW 502 00 so usually 5w 40 FS.  Ok for the Citigo as well which is only Fixed services.   For long life oil and fixed or Variable on the TSI and for the Citigo fixed it is to VW 5w 30 FS III. Maybe even 0w 30 FS III if you choose..   I would not use 10w 40.     What spec is it???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you !
Sorry, totally my mistake I was confusing by looking at 2 different types of left over/ unused oils as I also have to do a job on the MFG VVC and that has some leftover 10w40

It is indeed the 5w40 502 stuff and perfectly ok for fixed services !
So I can use on either. Old age conundrum. Stupid thing is I got 2x these earlier ( and used some clearly, probably on her citigo which is why I have 1L+ left).

The only question really I guess which car is best to use on - should I use the Quantum on my vRS and the cheapest whatever I can get for her citigo.
e.g. I can get PETRONAS Syntium 3000 E 5W-40 Fully Synthetic Car Engine Oil 5 Litres for £23, I'm guessing this will be inferior to the Quantum but is still a pretty decent oil

• Like 1