Traffic Sign Recognition System

Hi. I have a problem with TSRS. The speed value on trip computer and on the columbus screen are different. That is to say, when the value on the trip computer can be “120” but on the columbus navigation screen can be “140” or “120” or “110”. The values are sometimes the identical.

I am using latest map and software. What can be the problem and how can i solve the issue?

Depending on the road, the TSR can be confused by speed limits for lorries.

E.g.: I know a road where speed limit for cars is 110km/h and 90km/h for lorries. But my TSR displays 90km/h though I do get 110km/h on my Columbus.

It changes and gets consistent again at the next speed limit sign.

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Depending on the road, the TSR can be confused by speed limits for lorries.

E.g.: I know a road where speed limit for cars is 110km/h and 90km/h for lorries. But my TSR displays 90km/h though I do get 110km/h on my Columbus.

It changes and gets consistent again at the next speed limit sign.

I would call that a feature rather than a bug.

Surely if there is conflicting info it's better to use the safest/most conservative option.

BTW certainly in the UK there are different speed limits for different vehicles although I can't think of any I've seen where it's actually displayed on a sign post. Generally its a thing you need to know from the Highway Code

20 hours ago, Stonekeeper said:

The TSRS displays the last sign it sees?

The satnav is reliant on it's latest update?

I would rely on the signs I see.

Sometimes value on the navigation screen do not change for a while, so sometimes it does not work well. But, value on the trip computer is more dynamic, so nearly all the time it shows true value.

Both the map and software are up to date.

Is this normal the different speed values for trip computer and columbus navigation screen?