Hello everyone !

Hello to all !

Happy to join Briskoda. Coming from Luxembourg with a Superb Sportline 280hp 4x4 and hope will contribute and help the group ! 

Cheers !

Fred. 

Hey there! Welcome to forum Fred!

Tell us more, why Skoda, why Superb, what you had before? I am not sure about all others but I am always curious what made people choose what they choose.

Good luck with reading all (most) the threads on the forum! 

Vlad

Posted (edited)

Hey Vlad,

Thank you for your nice welcoming ! I am a petrolhead since childhood and owned some very different kind of cars let say.

Owned a BMW e60 530D (Incredible engine, super comfy but without M chassis it was not sporty at all), then I had a Ford Fiesta ST 182hp for more than 8 years and I just loved it: not great for the comfort but driving it was a real pleasure, the ones who owned this car will know what I mean.

Then when time came to replace it, I was asking myself what will be the next one? I was looking for a mix of both of my previous cars but with a maximum of boot space etc. Started by looking at Octavia VRSs (from 2017/less than 100k km on the odo) but wanted to have a 4WD and diesel is not an option as I do a lot of small trips. Then found that the Superb 2.0 280 was a great candidate and price-wise really close to the octavia vrs prices. 

Recently found a Superb combi with the 2.0 280 in Sportline trim with the DCC and a lot of extras so quite happy. It is quite an upgrade regarding the power, comfort, room space and equipment but I really hope it will feel sporty enough even though it is much bigger and heavier than the Fiesta ST. 
As soon as I have some feedbacks, will be happy to share them ! 

ps : on the side I also own a Mercedes 320CE from 1993, I do not drive it enough but cant make up my mind to sell it. 

Fred. 

Edited by Fred280
  • Like 2

Hi Fred, I used to own an e60 myself, before I moved to Lexus GS for almost 4 years and Skoda Karoq a couple years back.

Superb 280 must be good, defo spacious and comfortable, not sure about sporty.

Good luck and I hope you will like it, do keep us updated.

Welcome and great choice ... I've followed a similar path to get to my 280 as well!

I do not own a W124 CE but I've worked on them (various repairs and a full restoration, which literally killed me🤪 luckily the customer was a friend so we manage not to lose the friendship over it 😄)

Wonderful car, from a bygone era. Nothing came close to it afterwards in the shiny star world. And you got a cool power plant!

If pristine keep it, it needs little (but precise) to get going ...