Brake caliper knocking

Check out this video I made today, what do you think?

https://vimeo.com/939211854?share=copy

Otherwise, there is a knocking sound when I drive over a bumpy road. I'm not sure if it's because of the brakes, but the mechanic checked the entire suspension, arms, silentblocks, sway bars, etc. and says that everything is fine, there is no air anywhere.

I would check the strut tops. They are known to wear and knock. Check the mounts themselves, make sure there is no wear or corrosion. It's a weak point on the Octavia.

I don't understand, are you saying that it's normal what I sent in the video, that the brake calipers shake like that? And that the knocking I hear when driving on uneven roads doesn't come from the brake calipers but from the shock absorber struts and mounts?

Apologies, I cannot see the video. It's not working. Yes, calipers could be loose, but I cannot see that. Knocking around the suspension area is usually associated with the strut tops though and I suggested you look there as its a known weak point.

• Like 1

No there should be no movement and knocking, if they are sliding calipers then my guess is someone has removed the rubber sleeves probably when they blinged up the calipers, I hope it wasn't you!

• Like 1

Use your eyes!

I can't see from here.