Rebuilding a VRS - Any things to do whilst I'm there?

Hi guys, after owning my Mk2 VRS TFSI Blackline for just over a year it went into the garage last week with a slipping clutch and a couple of other issues to be fixed. Unfortunately they kept finding more issues and have quoted £4000 to fully fix it; that's nearly what I paid for it! However since it's fairly low mileage (90k) and I quite like the car, I've decided to keep it.

Being a glutton for punishment I've decided to take inspiration from Thanos and just do it myself. For reference I am actually quite capable in terms of DIY mechanic-ing, so am confident I am able to do the job. I was just lazy and didn't fancy doing the work myself.

I've put my work-list below; I'd like some thoughts on whether there's anything else I need to do while I have the engine out and the car in bits. Also any feedback on the tasks (e.g. special tools required) or directions towards guides is appreciated. As this is my daily, I am old and boring, and I have to regularly transport a small child, this will be a (near) stock rebuild; I've got a 3.0 V6 powered Haynes Roadster for that brown pants feeling. Nothing makes you feel more alive than not being seen by an articulated lorry during an overtake, especially when your head is about level with their wheels and you could literally reach out to touch them 🤣

Anyways, my work list is as follows:

• Replacement of the entire rear suspension system; it's ropey as hell and crustier than the Titanic. I'm planning on literally changing the lot including the subframe, plus the bearings. Calipers, uprights and disks seem OK,
  • Replacement of the front wishbones.
  • Replacement of front brake caliper(s); one of them is sticky. May swap both to keep them matched, but if it's a stock replacement that shouldn't be necessary.
  • Clutch swap; likely to go for an LUK item or similar. Doubt there's any need to refresh the flywheel, or are the DMF's prone to failure?
  • Crank main seal, since I'm there. It'd be rude not to really.
  • Timing chain; think it's been done already, but the cover is leaking and I figure I might as well since the engine is out.
  • Exhaust - either an aluminised or stainless version. I can't find stock ones for sale anywhere!

I've also got a dash with a couple of lights out and a faulty rear wiper that will find their way onto the list if I have time.

Cheers,

Badger