oxygen sensor in exhaust

Octavia 2.0 tdi 2016.

Got yellow engine light, whent to pro WV mechanic witch has pro Factory test  computer, did put in a new exhaust oxygen sensor, but the yellow engine light is still on, told me about some vire problem, he spend few hours try to find the problem but no luck. 

Wire and sensor fail at the same time, can someone tell me what's going on here. Best to you all. 

What's the code scan say? Unlikely to be the sensor and the connecting wire....more lightly and electrical fault.

Need to know engine code as well if you would like me to try to look up wiring info.

A quick glance at a guessed CUNA engine circuit suggests there are two oxygen sensors, which surprised me, and possibly the garage that may have replaced the wrong one?

• Like 1

I'll ask them to give me the engine code on Monday, also the failure code witch they got after puting the new rear oxygen sensor in. This company has license from WV factory and use computers specifically to serve WV Scoda cars. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Thoriceland said:

I'll ask them to give me the engine code on Monday, also the failure code witch they got after puting the new rear oxygen sensor in. This company has license from WV factory and use computers specifically to serve WV Scoda cars. Thanks. 

Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have replaced the correct part.

It is a CUNA engine, car was built 24/02/16. Part number of after-cat sensor is 04L 906 262. Is that what was fitted as the replacement? Or aftermarket equivalent?

Your oxygen sensor wiring is as shown here G130/Z29 seems like the one you need to focus on.

The red wires are both fed by fuse 8 in the engine bay fusebox (10 Amp). The black/white wire going off the top of page will not be relevant.

Screenshot 2024-04-27 19.12.23.png

Edited by Breezy_Pete