Superb Grille

Hi

On the M25 I got hit by a rubber wedge off a car transporter in the front grille. It broke one of the vertical bars. I was really lucky the thing was spinning and only hit me a glancing blow. I thought I was even luckier when a new grille only cost

As far as I'm aware you have to relace the whole unit.

Start by removing all 8 bolts and then remove the grille from the bonnet take it inside and then have a good look at it and see if it is at all possible to remove just the black ribs - I doubt it.

Further info to remove grille is here www.milotec.de - download the manual for fitting their custom Superb grille it shows you how to remove the whole front grille unit.

If It's owt like an Octy grille it should separate into three parts. You'll have to unscrew it from the bonnet first as the srews hold it all together, then it unclips leaving the painted bit, the chrome bit and the black fins bit.

Carefull when unclipping it though, as the clips can break off.

I bought just the black grille part so I guess its replaceable. I have had the whole assembly off the car. No problems getting it off or putting it back on.

The instructions on the milotec site were not quite right and don't cover what I want to do BUT those nice chrome covers would look good AND solve my problem!

Thanks

If It's owt like an Octy grille it should separate into three parts. You'll have to unscrew it from the bonnet first as the srews hold it all together' date=' then it unclips leaving the painted bit, the chrome bit and the black fins bit.

Carefull when unclipping it though, as the clips can break off.[/quote']

Its the location of all the clips I need to know really. Even with about 8 or so unclipped it still felt pretty solid.