stelvio pass

m17rkj

just back off hols, camping trip in europe. managed to work the wonderful stelvio pass into our route on the italy/austria border, highly recommended if you happen to be in the area. the german bikers seem to love it!

mark

One of my mates has been over there to do a photo shoot for the brochures of the new Lotus Europa. He said it was amazing (and the car was nice too!!).

the german bikers seem to love it!

mark

No bloody wonder, looking back down at the road from your 1st pic! :eek: :drivesaf:

Looks amazing, maybe one day....

Steve

Try going down it on a push bike! The view from the top is frigyhtening, and the top few hairpins (47 in all) are pretty scary, there's hardly any time to let the brakes off between bends, and they (used to) have corrugated corners to aid car wheel traction.

saw several cyclists on the way up and down, proper mental!! actually i'm only jealous coz they're fitter than me. it is an awesome bit of road even the tdci mondeo was fun!

Martin, if you do make it up there try to make a pass over Passo Del Gavia, just as much fun just narrower!