Skip to content

Park Assist when stationary

Featured Replies

Hi All,

Something I find most frustrating is pulling up to any junction or stationery traffic the park assist screen insists on appearing and remains until I pull away. Annoying when you've got the nav running and somewhere new and need to see where you're going (I know you can see the high level in the dash but the wider view for me is preferred!). I've scoured all the options turning things on/off to see what changes but cannot find an appropriate option. Does anyone else have this and/or know how to resolve? Previous models/vehicles I'd only expect to see when engaging reverse. I've never used the optional parking assist (I didn't spec the car) but surely you can just hit the parking button to engage when required... Hoping someone can confirm this.

Model is 2025 vrs

Thanks

In the preFL, there's an option to turn park assist automatically when coming near objects at slow speed. This is turned on by default. I don't know the exact menu in the FL version, as the infotainment system is not the same, however I think there must be an option to disable it coming on automatically.

  • Author

thanks good to hear and I'm hoping it's the same for the FL. one thing I do note is the number of settings that can be changed but then reset when you restart the vehicle - hopefully this isn't one of them! makes me consider some VCDS changes....

Its not one of them. Usually, settings that are reset each startup are those that have to do with some sort of compliance - either emissions or safety.

On the pre-FL cars there is physical switch beneath the Infotainment screen to turn on/off the Park Assist screen. Tap that (if the FL cars have it) and your Nav screen should come back.

image.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.