Skip to content

3000 miles under my vRS belt, a few questions....

Featured Replies

Hi All

Brand new vRS picked up in July, and with 3k under my belt it's so far exceeding all my expectations, I'm delighted. It's used for regular long haul 200 mile journeys, so the tech and convenience to make it easy to drive are super important to me. With that in mind, after living and experiencing the car, and also ferreting through the handbook, I have a few possibly stupid questions...

  1. Pan Roof Blind. Is there a way to make it open/close automatically on unlock/lock like I could on my outgoing Discovery?

  2. I often (once a week) get a message at the top of the screen (over a blacked out screen) about the system setting(s) being updated, asking me if I want to save them. But I don't know what setting(s) that refers? All I know is if I press accept, it switches me out of whatever mode I was in, and back into default.

  3. I religiously use Waze as my Sat Nav (via CarPlay) including all alerts etc. With that in mind I have no need for the on-board sat-nav alerts, but I can't seem to find the area where I can turn off the in-built Skoda Speed camera warnings which I assume are being triggered by the onboard mapping software? When it triggers, the screen goes black and asks me to acknowledge at the top of the screen, which is annoying because when I'm on the M25 the car is shouting at me twice (once Waze, once on-board) about speed cameras, and also blanking the screen which I have to clear each time.

  4. The minimum distance on the ACC leaves quite a large gap (much bigger than cars I've owned in the past). This means cars will often jump out of lane 1 or 2, forcing the car to brake and maintain the another minimum distance. I can make the gap bigger, but seemingly not smaller. Any way to override this or am I stuck with the preset distances?

  5. The wireless charger trays don't appear to charge the phone above the level the phone is at when I place the phone (iPhone 15 Pro Max) into the tray. I'm connected to CarPlay and streaming Waze and Spotify, but It'll only maintain the level and not go down, regardless of how far the journey is. If I want to charge it up over the level I seemingly have to plug it into a USB charging post.

Thanks in advance )

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.