Skip to content

Karoq 2021 front assist emergency braking

Featured Replies

Greetings from Singapore.

I am looking at getting a five year old Karoq in Singapore and have been reading horror stories elsewhere about the Front Assist making dangerous phantom emergency braking in other forums and chatgpt.

However, I can’t seem to find any reports on this forum. How have your experience been with this regulation tech in your Karoq, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I had a terrible experience driving a rental Subaru in Japan with this kind of braking and I hope to find a way to reduce or prevent another one, although it is a good way of using tech to increase safety.

Thanks

Mike

I've owned a 2024 Karoq for 7 months & driven it for over 4k miles on all types of roads with no phantom braking.

I've had my 22 plate for over a year now and no phantom braking but the 19 plate one did it once on a heavily wooded road where I thought it may have been a bird or something that flew close enough for it to register in the system.

I live in a semi-rural village & so drive lots of small lanes with overhanging vegetation. In the 15 months I've owned mine I've had a few warnings come up, but no actuation.

The rear seems much more sensitive & has slammed on several times when I've reversed too close to a nettle for the car's liking. That is quite alarming because it feels like you've actually hit something.

Edited by Rbz5416

@mikeng Welcome. Maybe your Word Search just never showed something there is on this forum.

Screenshot 2026-10-08 13.15.37.png

Screenshot 2026-10-08 13.20.40.png

Screenshot 2026-10-08 13.22.28.png

Edited by Evolution13

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.