Skip to content

PCP during the Approved Used event

Featured Replies

Hi

I'm in the midst of buying a car during an approved used event that's currently running. My intention was buying outright but the dealership suggested taking it on PCP in order to benefit from £750 towards the finance. They said if I cancel after the first 3 payments and pay the remaining balance outright then I'm still eligible for the £750 but won't be penalised with years of interest.

My extensive AI conversation about buying the car suggested that under consumer rights I can actually cancel within a 14-day cooling off period and still not be penalised.

Does anyone know which is accurate? Is the whole 3 month thing just down to a commission payment for the salesperson or do I actually need to pay the 3 months to keep the £750 bonus?

Thanks!

I withdrew from my Škoda finance agreement last year after 11 days (within the 14 day period) on a 3 month old used Karoq I had to pay £72.38 interest ( £6.58 per day) but retained all the incentives that were given at that time, £250 Škoda Contribution, 2 years roadside assistance and two services.

  • Author
9 minutes ago, Williami33 said:

I withdrew from my Škoda finance agreement last year after 11 days (within the 14 day period) on a 3 month old used Karoq I had to pay £72.38 interest ( £6.58 per day) but retained all the incentives that were given at that time, £250 Škoda Contribution, 2 years roadside assistance and two services.

Great, thanks for this!

Deal direct with Skoda financial services not the Dealership ,

The key thing is you are not cancelling the agreement you are withdrawing from it.

Once I received the figures I was had 30 days to make the payment.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.