Octavia (Mk 1) 1.8T L & K battery probs

I failed miserably to send my first message this am. Can't seem to work out how this messaging system works (its mostly luck I got to this point).

Does anyone know why one of the terminals in that little box of minor connections atop my dying battery has got signs of overheating to one of the terminals but not actual fusing? The flat fuse thingy needs replacing; its clearly damaged although still providing a connection.

Also can anyone say how I can get to the pollen filter below the base of the windscreen without crushing my hand. Surely the plastic must detach in some way?

Thanks in anticipation (although I'll probably fail again to post this...)

M

• 2 weeks later...

Now in the correct forum. Try Search - I recall that some other members have reported similar overheating problems. The plastic panel you refer to can be removed to gain access to the pollen filter. The Haynes manual for the Octavia recommends removing the left-hand wiper arm - it helps if you use the appropriate tool - then ease off the rubber weatherstrip which will allow the plastic cover to be removed.