MPG of 2.0 TFSi

Hello, a quick question for all of the petrol vrs owners out there.

How accurate are the fuel consumption figures given by Skoda? Are these figures easily achieved?

I have recently graduated, and I am workin away from home, and would like to treat myself to a new car. I have had a test drive of the Octy vrs and would really like one, however I have been driving my dads diesel audi for the last 6 months, and I like not having to go to the pumps that often! I would consider the diesel vrs, but i think that will be stretching my budget!

I am also considering the Furby vrs - I have driven this car, and liked this car as well! On the money side of things, I am in favour of buying this car! However, if money was no object, I'd personally go for the Octy vrs, but I'd like to have a rough idea of running costs before i commit! I can't decide! Help!!

Any advice ladies and gentlemen?:confused:

Thanks

Joe

Had my Octavia vRS 2months now

Averaging 32mpg, can achieve nearly 40mpg on a trip down the A14 (constant flow of traffic at 60mph), falls through the floor when thrashed (15mpg). Economy is helped by using super unleaded.

Go on, treat yourself!...I did and I have no regrets.

Dan

The first 2500 miles have been covered at 29 mpg. I do have a heavy right foot though. I think driven sensibly you should achieve low 30s. It really depends as the other day I drove home from work (8 miles) and achieved 40mpg.

Done 13k and averages around 31mpg, 1 mpg lower than the computer says. Worst was 27mpg, steady 100mph journey, best 37mpg keeping to speed limits. If you drive like a vicar it will do 40mpg, though driving this slowly is not what the car was made for.

If you are worried about fuel, buy a diesel.