Tweeters ?

Putting non factory tweeters behind the stock VRS grilles is a tricky task. In my old motor I had to cut out the curved plastic section to allow me to mount my new component tweeters to the door skin and then fit the cover back over :eek:

It's not an easy task, so go very carefully. Stock tweeters clearly are rubbish hence ending up in the bin very quickly.

My advice would be to check out various components and sizes. Ultimatley however if they are too small they sound poorer. Something like Crystal Audio CSC60s's or maybe Focal Freedom's are excellent. Generally if you can help it go for the soft dome tweeters as they are not so harsh and make sure they can be adjusted directionally to get the best sound for you. :crown:

That's my expereince anyhow!

Above all enjoy and soundproof properly for best results!

When buying comps should one worry about tweeter sizes or is there generally a way of jiggering them behind the dash grills?

In an octy the grill on the door pillar just unclips so its dead easy to see how much space you have.

Thanks, its nice to know someone else has struggled with the problem. I'm almost certain to get a professional to install what ever i choose.

There are some DLS PS6's that are supposed to sound good ( @150 smackeroonies they flippin better) and they have a 20mm tweeter and a 53mm woofer depth. I'm currently trying to find the piece of paper I wrote down the Octy tweeter size on.

Focal 165 slims have also been suggested to me, if I seek perfection but at

Driven with an Amp (Lanzar VIBE 120W) ... (must be driven by an amp!) ... Signal through an Alpine Head...

Backed up by OZ rears (5in components (only way to get over dim outstanding tweets on co-axials... buy components, use the mid and assign the tweet to the scrap bin!)) no tweets fed through HU driver [60W]) and then a VIBE 12inch active sub in crackle box.

Sounds good to me but then I wear a BONO hearing aid... so don't ask me!

Still tidying it all up... if it didn't get so ....@"*.. dark early !

• 2 weeks later...