Looking to change my car in December and am thinking about a Felicia Estate. Basically its going to be a roadtrip car. So good mpg is a plus point. However i'm after at least sprightly performance.

So a couple of Q's.

Whats the MPG like on a 1.6 estate

Whats the performance of the 1.9d like?

Did they ever make a 1.9tdi?

Most appreciative for any and all help

Thomas

1.6's are pants in stop-start traffic like most cars,but on a good run you should easily get 40+ mpg plus they have the required get up an go if you need it ! Also the boot is like the Favorit estate .......MASSIVE !!!!

my 1.9 estate is faster to get up and go that the newer 1.3 hatch

and the 1.9 BLOWS every car i've owned and anyone eleses i know for economy

800 km to a tank at 100-130 and 1000+kms at upto 100..... and it aint even flashing any lights even then..... just in the red.

work it out!!! I fill up the petrol every 4 days, the old gazole ......... well they forget me at the petrol station :)

oooh errr divide by 0.6 aint got a calculator at hand sorry.

the 1.9 will hit 155kph (95ish mph?) good enough. and I am not grumbling it sounds like a tractor, It has a surprising 'skoda' thing that it can burst into life motorway .... (uk at about 70-90) it will leave most behind.

get the diesel the only thing you need to ensure is the car lasts, as the engine will go round the clock with ease.

sorry cant advise on the 1.6. i only had a 1.3spi estate and hatch and a 1.3mpi hatch other than the 1.9d felicias

oh sorry to give you an idea of consumption with the 1.9

(unladen except me and about 3 million rothmans :)

bourg en bresse to wellingborough ....... about 1000ish kms. mid night so i took it slow on the autoroute. non stop, except the train under the sea, and got to the house in UK with a 1/4 tank still.

mappy.com says = Itinerary Express Distance 600.31 miles [+ 34.30 miles] On motorway 572.95 miles Duration (1) 09H08 [+ 0H45]

Diesel 70.16 € (64 l) Reimbursement 0.00 € Vehicle Mid-size car

well that is out as i can do it with 40€