2.5TDI tyre pressures

20VLIL

I went to check my tyres today. i've got a 2.5TDI..incase you didnt know with 16" rims. I followed the chart on the fuel cap and it was in "bar". 2.6 or 2.60 to be precise. This converts to 38 PSI and that seems a lot. I'm used to 30PSI all round. Including the vRS.

Is this correct..its 34PSI for the front..Please help I cant afford new tyres or something worse

Definately not, especially if your moving to a larger rim / tyre size!!!!

If that's the case, how can the pressure reference within the Fuel Cap be valid?

What if you have chose 17" alloys over 16" Steelies for your new car. Wont it have the generic pressure reference in the Fuel cap?

If that's the case, how can the pressure reference within the Fuel Cap be valid?

What if you have chose 17" alloys over 16" Steelies for your new car. Wont it have the generic pressure reference in the Fuel cap?

I was purely referring to aftermarket wheels mate, assuming that it's abig tyre / wheel change in size.

Not sure how difference in 16" or 17" works out?!?!?

Wasnt having a pop Baker... I was just wondering with myself having 18s on now, as I have no idea what the PSI shoud be.

What do you have your 19s @ when compared to the winter 17s you are gonna throw back on? Might give me a middle of the road figure to work with...

Wasnt having a pop Baker... I was just wondering with myself having 18s on now, as I have no idea what the PSI shoud be.

What do you have your 19s @ when compared to the winter 17s you are gonna throw back on? Might give me a middle of the road figure to work with...

No worries mate, my 17's are running 35PSI all around and to be honest I have no idea what my 19's are running?

I will have to check.............