Strange Cruise Control "Problem"

I doubt it's a cruise control probelm if it does it with it on and off.

You are possibly witnessing excess fuel from your heavy right foot being burned off when you change gear.

I doubt it's a cruise control probelm if it does it with it on and off.

You are possibly witnessing excess fuel from your heavy right foot being burned off when you change gear.

Well it never did it before the CC was fitted.... (today):confused:

The battery will have been off for a while whilst they did the electrics. I think this'll reset any "learned" behaviour in the ECU.

Let us know if it's still doing it after a couple of days of driving it.

J.

I think this'll reset any "learned" behaviour in the ECU.

Let us know if it's still doing it after a couple of days of driving it.

J.

Yes I had to set my radio setting ect after so the battery was definatly off for some time...

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by learned behaviour?

:confused::confused::confused:

Do you think it will cure itself?:confused:

Could you please Give me an example of what he means by "learned" behavior.

Google turned up this definition -

Adaptive learning - An operational mode of a control computer that adjusts operation parameters according to various conditions.

Roughly what that means to you is that everytime you drive the car the ECU will adapt/learn about the conditions and your driving style and adapt it's settings accordingly.

Google turned up this definition -

Adaptive learning - An operational mode of a control computer that adjusts operation parameters according to various conditions.

Roughly what that means to you is that everytime you drive the car the ECU will adapt/learn about the conditions and your driving style and adapt it's settings accordingly.

Thankyou.

Sorry If I sounded rude. :o

I find that a bit hard to believe... It adapts to your driving style.... hmmm

very cool if does :thumbup:

Could you please give me an example of a function that the ecu might change to suite your driving style (adapt).

Thanks

AFAIK, it'll work out if your driving style is brisk, and fuel for maximum power. Or it'll work out if your driving style is particularly economical & will reduce fuelling (or somesuch).

Apparently this happens over time, and can make a noticable difference to the characteristics of the engine. An older driver who drives more slowly, changes gear earlier & brakes more gently will end up with a car which is slower but likely more economical whereas I am hoping to end up with a car that flies & drinks like a fish. :D

(obviously I'm not hoping it'll drink like a fish, but I'm expecting it probably will :rolleyes:)