Test Drive in Octy 2 vrs

neelyp

Had a test drive in the above on Sunday, nice car, drove well, want one badly etc.

The thing I wish to share, however, is about the chap from the garage who took me out.

You know how most garages send you out with the salesman, not Chathams in Edinburgh, they send you out with Mike.

Mike is a quite bloke, mid 50's and a nice smooth driver, sticking to speed limits in town, very sensible on motorway.

Get him on the country roads and Jeezzuss this guy could drive. Absolutely hammering through corners, but always felt in control.

Swapped over and I drove back to the garage.

Turns out he is an ex traffic cop instructor who likes to show prospective customers just what the cars can do. He loves the new Octy, its displaced his previous favourite, the Fabia vrs.

So if you're in Edinburgh with a couple of hours to kill, get along there and get a test drive, it's really good fun:thumbup:

Neelyp

i have went out in a chipped leon cupra TDI with salesman in the passanger seat.. his words were go on give it some it handles really well so threw it into a roundabout and made the mistake of lifting off mid circle due to a car coming on to the roundabout ... it went very sideways needed 3/4 opposite lock and a heavy right foot to pull it out salesmans words were something like ohhhh **** lol he went back without a sale and a few pounds lighter

i have went out in a chipped leon cupra TDI with salesman in the passanger seat.. his words were go on give it some it handles really well so threw it into a roundabout and made the mistake of lifting off mid circle due to a car coming on to the roundabout ... it went very sideways needed 3/4 opposite lock and a heavy right foot to pull it out salesmans words were something like ohhhh **** lol he went back without a sale and a few pounds lighter

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: