Remap Vs Warranty

Ken VRS

This is the point you hope you have a friendly local dealer, and talk to them.

I think everyone else will agree there is not a YES or NO answer to this question. My old dealer said they would invalidate my entire warranty - others have been positively encouraged... (Its Skoda UKs viewpoint which is probably more of interest to you -- which I'm unclear on)

Cheers

Don't ask. Or get a Jabba remap plus the electronic boost controller which enables you to turn the remap back to standard when the car goes back to the dealer. But whatever, be honest with your dealer if the question arises over warranty work or whatever. :(

As far as i'm aware it works like this:

If for instance you fit a DV, if a fault develops say the turbo goes wrong etc. then it can be seen that the modified DV could of caused the damage, therefore not covered. But if and anti-roll bar bush fails then thats got nothing to do with the remap and is therefore covered by the warranty (assuming that this also isn't modified).

This applies to any modifications you do whether it be a DV or uprated suspension.

Whether this is how all the dealers see it, I don't know but thats how our dealership works.

:thumbup:

Matt

Matt's advice sounds good to me. Some dealers might be more 'difficult', and others might be more flexible. But as dealers have to be able to justify any warranty work done, and suffer a financial penalty if Skoda UK does not agree that it should have been carried out, it really is for individual dealers to decide how they handle this issue. That's why it pays to pick a good dealer in the first place, and to establish a good working relationship with them.

Matt's advice sounds good to me. Some dealers might be more 'difficult', and others might be more flexible. But as dealers have to be able to justify any warranty work done, and suffer a financial penalty if Skoda UK does not agree that it should have been carried out, it really is for individual dealers to decide how they handle this issue. That's why it pays to pick a good dealer in the first place, and to establish a good working relationship with them.

so Denis my 'gearbox is completely unmodified as are my driveshafts.. my cv boot was replaced under warranty 2 weeks ago... do we think the box and driveshaft that it now needs are going to be covered? bearing in mind clutch and flywheel are intact??? :D you dont have to answer btw. Am holding faith that my dealer will be working in the best interests of both cust and Skoda.