Mobile disco video`s

skodaguy

lighting i use is martin acrobats , martin mx-1 scanners, martin colour changers and some event lights,

Sound, celestion speakers that set up is some celestion sr1`smk2 and ev 18 inch bass bins (other setup is celestion road series)

Amps Matrix install str 3000 and str 2400 back up amps are qsc

Looks good :thumbup: .

I used to work on a mates mobile for years, prior to getting involved with club programming and light jocking - his gear is mainly genius scans and other intelligents run from a pulsar masterpiece (totally OTT for mobile but looks good :rofl: ).

Last gig I did was a hardcore rave in a barn earlier in the year (will try and get my mobile phone video up to view sometime) with another mates gear in the ajoining barn and although we trounced him with 6 robe 575XT moving heads, 6 genius nexus 2's, 2 genius msd super quarks and bright strobes his gear still looked awesome when you looked through the doors, proving you don't always need nightclub level kit to impress!

My next gig will be xmas eve for another hardcore night - will be looking to put on a pretty impressive show for that one, should be good :P .

Matt

Ahh the memories. I'll have to dig some pictures out from when I was a mobile DJ.

I had a EV system, 2000 watts. Cant remember the amp, but it was large, and heavy. I also had a 15 ft lighting gantry, with scanners, a 12" strobe, martin roboscans, flightcased technics sl1200's, cironoc 16 channel mixer, x fader, all in a "coffin". Then two cd players. CD's were still new when I was doing it :o .

Used to do a light show to war of the worlds. Sounds a bit "old" now, but was the dogs danglies at the time.

Took 90 mins to set up and sound check too.

That made me chuckle shifty :) .

I used to do a sequenced lightshow to scooters "move your ***" which was always a scream - used to press play on the cd player at the same time as the masterpiece and run out front after pumping out so much smoke you could hardly see :rofl: .

Took ages to program it up too, got an old vhs video somewhere of us doing the show at the last firemans ball held at hestercombe house, around 97 or 98. (they had that many complaints from around the area due to the huge sound system we put in that they never held it again :o - oops!)

There were about 10 or 12 scans across the stage IIRC, looked well impressive in a big marque!