Booked my Testdrive in the Fabia VR/S

des_pd_ tdi

Thanks to everyones responses yesterday.

You have given me the boot up the backside to sort out a testdrive. I know I want allot of options but what's worried me are the delivery dates. However, there are a couple in the showroom for immediate delivery, one of them has cruise and a six stack, side airbags.

I imagine I could retrofit the Xenons and Heated seats or at least get a quote form the dealer.

Let you know how it goes.

D

You can actually get the looms and elements for heated seats, I'd just then need the dash switches, shouldn't be too much of a problem. A good upholsterer could fit the elements then they'd just need fitting so once I have the looms it's plug and play. I'll see what the dealer says.

I'd rather buy the OEM Xenon

Thanks to everyones responses yesterday.

You have given me the boot up the backside to sort out a testdrive. I know I want allot of options but what's worried me are the delivery dates. However' date=' there are a couple in the showroom for immediate delivery, one of them has cruise and a six stack, side airbags.

I imagine I could retrofit the Xenons and Heated seats or at least get a quote form the dealer.

Let you know how it goes.

D[/quote']

Although you can retrofit the xenon lights, you won't have the washer jets unless you add them too. But I think there's a lot more involved in adding the washer jets - need more electronics, different washer tank, extra piping, etc...

First impressions after the test drive, I think I'll get one.

What I liked

Engine peformance, pulling power, crisp six speed gearbox

Build quality (extremelly well screwed together, better than VW)

Front Seat comfort and support.

Handling

Aircon glovebox and Drinks cooler (a nicety really)

What I didn't like

Quality of some trim, notibly the speaker grilles on the front doors.

Speakers (need upgrading plus the fact that there are only four)

Seat colour (worried about condition after long term use)

Green dash illumination (coming from VW Blue)

Black headlining and pillar trim.

I have specified that I want Xenon's, Side Airbags and heated seats with Silver Metallic paint. He's gonna get back to me, the dealer also said I could chip the car :) it will not affect warranty.

D

First impressions after the test drive' date=' I think I'll get one.

What I liked

Engine peformance, pulling power, crisp six speed gearbox

Build quality (extremelly well screwed together, better than VW)

Front Seat comfort and support.

Handling

Aircon glovebox and Drinks cooler (a nicety really)

What I didn't like

Quality of some trim, notibly the speaker grilles on the front doors.

Speakers (need upgrading plus the fact that there are only four)

Seat colour (worried about condition after long term use)

Green dash illumination (coming from VW Blue)

Black headlining and pillar trim.

I have specified that I want Xenon's, Side Airbags and heated seats with Silver Metallic paint. He's gonna get back to me, the dealer also said I could chip the car :) it will not affect warranty.

D[/quote']

des the furby vrs has 8 speakers

ade

Hi all. This is my 1st post and I am in the same boat as Des. Looking at buying a Fab vRS, after being very impressed for pretty much the same reasons as Des during a test drive.

As far as I was aware the fabia does have 8 speakers, and each pair has its own seperate crossover in the door somewhere, to improve quality. I did not listen to the stereo system on my test drive, so cant comment on what it sounds like, but Im sure some basic speaker upgrades will sort it out massively. My only concern is for adding an amp and sub to the boot. Does the Fabia headunit have RCA preouts?

As for the possibility of chipping and not voiding the warranty, well that would be sooo cool. :cool:

As for delivery dates, as far as Im aware, and this is coming from my dad who works at a Skoda dealer, the supply problem has been resolved and waiting times will be sorted as of March. :thumbup:

Seat colour - just get some teflon upholstery protecter from halfords

Speakers - The speakers are fine for std speakers and are a pig to change as they are not flush with the door, but are on a cone. Change the radio and keep the speakers, you will notice the difference.