New DVD Player for Car..seen as its Chrimbo nearly!!!

Was thinking of getting one of these or something similar for the car (Fabia VRS), has any one had an experience with these or any pics of the multimedia setup in there car. I was looking at getting a 7 inch slide out monitor with single din..any pics of any setup would be great..Oh yeagh and an impressions of the sound would be cool too. I'm using a kenwood at the moment but I would like something a bit more cooler now..Mid Life crisis and all :finger::D

• 2 weeks later...

The interface on the ebay ones is terrible. no RDS and poorly made. Maplin do them, i had a play and im not impress.

As for the Ripspeed one, its great. you can even add a camera. Only thing that worries me and why i havent bought one is the security.

No removable panel and as i park in a public car park to go to work, i can see it disappearing very quickly.

Why make them with no security features ??????????

whatever, i'd like to see you say that after some tuuat has removed the stereo with large screw drivers and completely recked the dash s that the unit came out unharmed, i've seen it happen :(

my corsa was broken into years ago for the stereo and random contents and as a result spent 3 or 4 weeks getting repaired as it required a whole new dash, new windows and door repair where they bent it getting then then subsequently wrecking the dash to steal things :(

you can get them cheaper than that mate, i just sold one for £200 in as new condition. check out places like CAD etc CAD jvc

CAD are a good bunch of people and i know them shop side of them very well indeed :) looking around they are about as cheap as they get too :)

trouble is... even if the unit is secure... they still have to break into your car to find out in the first place.

Thats my worry with stereos without a removable facia.

If they want it they will have it.

Hi does anybody know how to bypass the handbrake feature for the

Ripspeed DV710 DVD CD Tuner

So you can use the DVD player when car is in motion??

Cheers!! :)

discounts=''; if (discounts=='') { if (Discount.getAreThereAnyDiscounts()) { if (Discount.getProductDiscountText(233555).length > 2) { discounts= ''+ Discount.getProductDiscountText(233555)+ ''; } } } if (discounts=='') discounts='Save £300.00'; document.write(discounts);

^ Easy crimp the handbrake cable sensor on to the earth cable. :)

Ive had both a JVC AVX1 and AVX2 (stear clear of the AVX1 its horrible to use) i also had sunvisor screens.

But after having them for a year, it dawned on me, wtf is the point in having a dvd player in your car, you have a car to drive and u cant watch a dvd at the same time. And if you do wana watch a dvd, go home and watch it on your nice big tv!

Sorry for the daft question so the cable on the back of the stereo which is supposed to connect to the handbrake just wire an earth cable to that??

Correct

-----

As for the avx1, i just find it quite fiddly, like changing radio presets and how when you turn it on and off it goes back to the start of the track.