Skoda Favorit thermostat

andreiu

Thermostat should start to open at 86 to 90 c and be fully open at 103c.

Some people fit the estelle thermostats which run a bit cooler, and I believe there are two different thermostat temperatures available for the favorit as well.

As for the temperature scale on the dash Your dash design might be slightly different to uk models, but roughly speaking once warmed up the needle should be sitting near enough halway up the scale, a bit under isnt normally a problem, a bit over during normal running I'd be a bit concerned about. My Injection favorit sits dead on halfway, my carb favorit sits just under.

I tend to go by feel of heaters and the temperature guage for when a thermostat needs replacing. If things are boiling over too easily the thermostat is probably stuck closed.

If heaters run cold and temperature guage wont warm up then the thermostat is probably sticking open. Ive never used a thermometer to check thermostats. Just have a fair idea of how things should "feel"

Your fan temperatures sound just fine to me, you could take you car for a drive to warm up and then park up with the engine running and see if after a while the cooling fan comes on and check where the temperature guage is sat at the time. on my cars thats normally 3/4 of the way up the guage.

• 4 weeks later...

In Turkey, I use a termostat which opens at 88 degree and I use fan termostat which opens at 92 degree and works untill heat comes 87 degree. If you drive on an open road (I mean road without a traffik jam) your fan will never start because radiator will get enough wind to get cold.

• 4 years later...

Hello again.Recently I have changed the expansion tank cap because it was broken and I did not have pressure in my cooling system.I want to ask if anybody know at which temperature is opening and at what temperature is closing the thermo contact from the radiator?And also , where should stay the needle of the temperature gouge when the engine is at the working temperature??Thank you very much.