Tornado in London???????

Silber_Igel

Good evening (afternoon) Silber Igel

We have our fair share though nothing like the ones that arrive around your south east coaat. The TV will show pictures of "devastation" though it was fairly limited (no comfort to those affected though). What is perhaps more surprisiing is that we have earth quakes. Who'da thunk it?

Hope you are keeping well?

Regards

Mo

My childhood bedroom looked out over the south coast from the foot of the downs and I saw several waterspouts - you could just tell when the conditions were right. My Gran's garage/shed etc. was wrecked by one in the 80s. They tend to be very short lived and very localised in the UK.

I'm impressed!!! I never dreamed you guys had 'real' tornados.... The Birmingham photos look just like what you would see in the eastern half of the US. They hit one building and skip the rest... moving on to destruct somewhere else.

They are amazing!!!

I've always wondered why the Panavia fighter was called a Tornado.... couldn't understand why they'd name it after a typical 'American' storm... a second learning event for me today!

And did someone mention EARTHQUAKES?? Really? Like California earthquakes?

I'm impressed!!! I never dreamed you guys had 'real' tornados.... The Birmingham photos look just like what you would see in the eastern half of the US. They hit one building and skip the rest... moving on to destruct somewhere else.

They are amazing!!!

I've always wondered why the Panavia fighter was called a Tornado.... couldn't understand why they'd name it after a typical 'American' storm... a second learning event for me today!

And did someone mention EARTHQUAKES?? Really? Like California earthquakes?

We had a richter 4.8 earthquake where I live in 2002 in the middle of the night.

It woke me up and felt quite eerie , but that was about it. People close to the centre had some very minor damage but nothing to worry about

I was reading the Londontonight paper on the train on the way out from Paddington and first page was a photo of a london house which no longer had a wall and half the roof. The poor car parked by the side didn't stand a chance :eek:

Only a clio , nothing to worry about.

_42400086_julian_vaccari3.jpg

We had a richter 4.8 earthquake where I live in 2002 in the middle of the night.

It woke me up and felt quite eerie , but that was about it. People close to the centre had some very minor damage but nothing to worry about

Yeah remember that well. I was awake, just getting ready to go to bed and everything seemed to wobble slightly (well, I guess it did!), very strange feeling.

The UK doesn't have more tornado's than anyone else in terms of actual count, but IIRC its more tornados to land size than anywhere else.