replacement EGR valve..

I had this done under warrenty recently (about a week ago) because it was leaking oil..... just opened the bonnet and checked everything,(looking for the creak) and it doesn't look like the contraption that was there before! it has a visible 'actuator' with a little lever thingy ect... is this normal? I just don't remember a contraption like that on there before ... hhmmm maybe I'm just being dense, and it just looks clean because the other was covered in oil! lol....

(also very dense of me... but I though the EGR valve was in the exhaust for some reason, not on the top back of the turbo piping...... [going into or out of the turbo?!] )

aannnyyywaaayyy.... just rambling. :confused:

I think the one with the lever on is the anti shudder valve and futher on than this towards the inlet manifold is the egr valve. it looks like a little flying saucer with a rubber tube coming of it. There is a pipe from the exhaust that comes into the bottom of it but the valve itself is on the inlet side. BTW they may be the other way round in position I cant remember off hand and I aint going out in the rain to check:)

I think the one with the lever on is the anti shudder valve and futher on than this towards the inlet manifold is the egr valve. it looks like a little flying saucer with a rubber tube coming of it. There is a pipe from the exhaust that comes into the bottom of it but the valve itself is on the inlet side. BTW they may be the other way round in position I cant remember off hand and I aint going out in the rain to check:)

ah... right.... (*sharky starts to understand the architecture of his engine bay... lol..)

thanks again :)

I had my EGR valve changed under warranty for the same reason - oil dripping from the breather hole. TBH, it didn't seem to make much difference to the car.

as jason said, all a bit pointless I guess, unless you really do care about your cars emmisions! lol....

I care more about my inlet manifold being kept shiney and clean and not sludging up with exhaust emissions over the next tens of thousands of miles. I've seen some scarey pics of inlet manifolds on tdiclub where the whole manifold is clogged up and the gap for the turbocharged air to go through is around the thickness of a permanent marker. :eek: