Webasto comfort header on Fabia

WW_VRS

Hi,

I know these CAN be fitted, however has anyone got one fitted to their Fabia?

In particular I'm interested in where the stuff goes 'under the bonnet' due to a few tweaks under mine taking up space that normally would be vacant, such as the FMIC and to a probably less important extent, the propane mixing gear.

I spotted a place in Kent which appears to be an installer, however as I live in Abingdon nr Oxford that is a fair way away in case of trouble etc.

If you happen to know a place that fits these things near Oxford that is NOT a boat builder type place, it would be great if you could post that back here :)

I've considered it - the only catch is that those places are used to having slightly more room to work with.

There appears to be a place in Northampton, which is near APS (in Brackley) where I get my car fixed/serviced/enhanced these days, might ask them to find out for me as it may be a nice extra bit of work they could do :)

I've got one in mine. Though not webasto, but eberspächer - same thing, different bränd.

Anyway, the only place it will fit properly is in front of the radiator. So it blocks out a small area of the radiator, but at least I haven't seen any heat problems during the past year I've had it. We hit extended perioids of +30C last summer and no probs what so ever.

During winter, it really is the dogs undercarriage.. I've got mine with a week-clock with 3 memory slots, so I can make it go on at anytime a week ahead. Excellent really. I've got the 5kw version which seems like a perfect fit. I reckon the 4kw version would be a bit too small to get the car heated in a reasonable time.

I also have to use it sometimes whilst driving, when temps hit -15C or under. I do most of my driving on motorways and without the aux heater the fab will get pretty damn cold. Anyway, that works fine as well.

Here's the link for the eberspächer heaters:

Eberspächer

The one thing to notice is that there are 2 models of the heater. Regular model, which is I believe is rather idioticly called compact, and a special model for tight places. You have to get the tight space model in order to get it to fit.

I'll see if I can grab a few photos later on to show the installation and the timer module.

Thanks that would be great, I don't mind using Eberspacher either (parents used to have one of their hot-air heaters in the boat) :)

My FMIC takes up the room in front of the radiator, and then I've still got the laser detector/garage opening device in front of that (which pretty much fits, tightly).

There should be a bit of room left because I've removed the SMIC, although the FMIC pipework goes through so not all the original space is available.

Also still investigating oil/fuel cooler setups, but I dont mind getting custom brackets fabricated :)

Electrically powered is not an option for me due to no guaranteed parking spot + just impractical in reality with my job etc.

Really looking forward to some pictures but please enjoy your Christmas time :thumbup: