Realistic price for a 2gb SD card?

devonutopia

I want to get a 2gb SD card off fleabay and load up loads of the maps of Europe on to it, so I have something for trips in 2007. (nothing worse than having to 2nd guess which maps to load on, when you have a 256mb card :rolleyes: )

Would

But just be prepared to wait for the order to arrive :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got a CF and an SD 2Gb card off eBay when I got my new camera and they were SanDisk and arrived quickly and were nice and cheap :D

Chris

Every card I've seen from eBay has been a fake. So be careful. Some bits and pieces (inc. my N80) don't like the cheap, fake cards.

If you want something that 'just works' its ok, but don't pay extra for the 'quick' cards on eBay as if they're fake, they aren't actually as quick as they're meant to be.

If it's SanDisk, look for the serial number (on the profile of the CF and back of the SD) Most fakes won't have it, and the ones that do aren't in the correct format. The labels are also a bit off from the real ones.

Again, it doesn't matter if you just need something that works I have one in a pen-drive now. But for items that need good speed/quality (digital SLR's say) or are picky about the quality of card (my phone :mad:) then it's better to make sure you get it from somewhere reputable.

It will only go in my navman, so the card need not be too fast. I bit the bullet and went for a £17 all-in sandisk card, after Chris' post above. Should do the job fine. I'll load the maps on and keep it in my car, but use the smaller 256mb card for UK maps, as it loads them up quicker. :)

But just be prepared to wait for the order to arrive :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got a CF and an SD 2Gb card off eBay when I got my new camera and they were SanDisk and arrived quickly and were nice and cheap :D

Chris

all the stuff I ordered from them came in 2 days