Short shifter

bryand

I looked in to the short shifters a while ago for the Fabia

I found out that the B&M one fitted , dont know if that helps?

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Happy new year etc.

Can you point me to some details & prices for the B&M short shifter for a Fabia vRS, please?

Hi Bryan

Happy new year to you too , did you have a good one?

Yes no problem mate I can give you a price it , it would be £108.95 thats 10% off retail price too

This one fits the majority of 5 and 6 speed VAG`s and I did a bit of research in to it when I had all the ETCA`s and found it should fit

They are in stock too so they would not take long to get in

With it being B & M too they come with the gear stick too

Hope that helps

Sarah

Word of warning - I had one of those on order, it was decided NOT to fit it in the end as the cable(s) snag a little - annoyingly I haven't been able to see this myself & it would probably work, however other options are being investigated at the moment :)

Hmmm, OK. I'm waiting for Luke from Jabba to get back to me as well. They sell them too, with the difference being he's got one fitted to his Fabia :)

So I'll check up on this issue, thanks :thumbup:

Steve

The ONLY thing that's a real PITA about the fabia is that you cannot get any SS to work from the tranny end :mad: - I took the whole thing apart several times and measured. (polished the mating surfaces and lubed them while I was in there..).The cable ends are very close to the shifter arm and cannot be shifted more than about 0.5cm.

On the other end (kn0B) is the only place you can do something worthwhile. Been toying with this quick and dirty DIY option - this is a really great link :thumbup: with pics, setup seems to be identical to the fabia's:

VWvortex Forums: $1 Short Shifter Mod - DIY inside!

Tips: Use a pipe-cutter to cut the shaft if you want to make it easy, and a dremel can extend the slot...

HTH all Short Shifter frustrated fabia owners!

Cheers

Bas

Forge need to change there advert then really as it says This unit will fit !!!ALL VAG 6 speed gear boxes!!

Ok It does say AS as found in the Audi TT MK1 2002 onwards and MK2, the VW Golf MK4 and MK5, SEAT Leon MK1 and MK2, Skoda Octavia MK1 and MK2 and the Audi A3 /S3 MK1 and MK2 .

I thought the Fabia had a VW Golf MK4 Gear box Or do us Fabia Vrs owners not have a Vag BOX?

I'll make Luke from Jabba aware of this thread, see if he shed any light. He replied to a PM of mine, saying the B&M could be fitted to my Ibiza. The only thing that put me off was the 2.5hr fitting time, which raised the overall cost to £260 :eek: - too much cash IMO.

He's definitely got one of them in his vRS - I've seen it in there when I was last at Jabba.

Steve

Thing is the B&M definitely DOES fit on the Ibiza as that's how I got interested in fitting one on the Furby (was speaking with someone at APS at the time and he liked it). Frustratingly JBS has not delivered my short shifter to APS yet either, so STILL waiting for that too :(