32" LCD fit in Octy VRS Hatch boot?

After all that, I decided to empty out the works van and go in that as I was worried about keeping the TV upright after reading some of the posts. I did ask the man at the depot and he said it was OK to lay down LCD's but not plasmas. I must recommend John Lewis-the chap carried it to my van for me and was very helpful.

After what seems like hours disconnecting the old TV and other equipment and re-connecting it all to new TV and DVD recorder, I can say I'm very impressed with the TV (Toshiba WLT66). Now I just have to get used to how it all works together.

Then I just have to decide which amp to get-Denon or Yamaha.:confused:

Thanks for all your replies

Cheers

Derek

Derek lol U brought a tosh are you mad?!?! I got A 42"on staff discount and the 1st one didnt work got another and thats fine but its not the best lol however it is the best resolution, and as for Amps your best off getting the tosh bolt on IE it clips onto the back of the television, Tosh TV's are well dodgy for surround and amps some simply dont work with our products lol, the Bolt on is 80 pounds or somin then I would go for a Sony surround unit after that.

If your telly is a regza it should be sweet if not then its 2nd gen and good luck :)

Derek lol U brought a tosh are you mad?!?! I got A 42"on staff discount and the 1st one didnt work got another and thats fine but its not the best lol however it is the best resolution, and as for Amps your best off getting the tosh bolt on IE it clips onto the back of the television, Tosh TV's are well dodgy for surround and amps some simply dont work with our products lol, the Bolt on is 80 pounds or somin then I would go for a Sony surround unit after that.

If your telly is a regza it should be sweet if not then its 2nd gen and good luck :)

the tv is the regza, well impressed with it so far:thumbup: what is a bolt on:rolleyes:

derek

Derek, the bolt in an intergrated amp made for the tosh range, its very good quality, goto Toshiba United Kingdom Portal if your interested and yes the regza rivals the sony :)

Postmanpat If its got 1080 res then its the up to date model, if not then leave it,, Also on a 42 inch even with the 1080 you will need HD to get the most from it, if you dont whant HD get a plasma as they are better in 42 Inch for normal viewing.

Derek, the bolt in an intergrated amp made for the tosh range, its very good quality, goto Toshiba United Kingdom Portal if your interested and yes the regza rivals the sony :)

Postmanpat If its got 1080 res then its the up to date model, if not then leave it,, Also on a 42 inch even with the 1080 you will need HD to get the most from it, if you dont whant HD get a plasma as they are better in 42 Inch for normal viewing.

Had a look but can't find mention of it. Link to actual item possible?:)

cheers, derek

John Lewis pull your pants down on prices though, I'd rather save several hundred and shop online.

What's the concensus on transporting plasmas then, and do you still need a two-man installation team? I thought you just risked breaking the screen under its own weight.

I think I want plasma now, rather than LCD, after the thread when people said you needed a screen basically 10 feet tall if you don't sit with your nose pressed up against it. But not if the installation will be on the scale of building the pyramids for engineering dificulty.

Plasma you dont need instalation crews lol, they are plug and play as with all TV's.

As I said prior, if you dont want HD 42" LCD's are inferior to plasma, altho you could compromise on size and get a 37" LCD as the screen res is still high on that size..

After all that, I decided to empty out the works van and go in that as I was worried about keeping the TV upright after reading some of the posts. I did ask the man at the depot and he said it was OK to lay down LCD's but not plasmas. I must recommend John Lewis-the chap carried it to my van for me and was very helpful.

After what seems like hours disconnecting the old TV and other equipment and re-connecting it all to new TV and DVD recorder, I can say I'm very impressed with the TV (Toshiba WLT66). Now I just have to get used to how it all works together.

Then I just have to decide which amp to get-Denon or Yamaha.:confused:

Thanks for all your replies

Cheers

Derek

If anyone needs to know for the future, a boxed 32" LCD will fit in the back seat of an Octy. My brother in law bought my old 26" LCD and used the box from my new 32" to transport it home in HIS Octy.

derek

I didn't realise you meant surround sound system. I've already got that attached (Sony DAV S550) but i was thinking of upgrading to an amp. Might not bother though. The sub-woofer reviews were either it's very good or it's rubbish so I don't know what to think about that. I'd probably be disappointed with the sound having had surround sound. Thanks for the info though:thumbup:

cheers

derek

My 2 pence worth :)

1st. I also have a WLT66 and think its V Good for the money, especially when you take connectivity into account.

2nd. I put mine flat in the Octy's boot with rear seats still upright and then drove from Exeter to home (approx 33 miles) . no sign of 'flexing' or anything similar.