Skoda Scout - pd engine

Hi All,

Been looking at the specs on the skoda website and it seems that the Scout diesel engine is an 8-valve unit (similiar to the Superb 2.0 TDI pd) and not the 16-valve unit as in the L&K.

My question is will there be any noticeable difference in the performance or is the 8v better at producing low down torque. (May be this is better for the 4x4).

Could I expect the DPF problems encountered with the Superb or have these issues been worked on for such a new model.

:confused: :confused:

Yes it is a 2.0 litre diesel and the outputs are both listed as 140 hp and 320nm torque.

Just thinking that the 8-valve may have been used because of the space taken up by the transmission for the rear drive,

although most of the gubbins is in the haldex unit.

To my knowledge, and from the Octavia brochure; the 1.9TDI - 105bhp is the older 8 valve unit but the 2.0 TDI in both 140bhp and 170bhp outputs have the 16 valve head.

The Scout gets the 2.0 TDI 140 bhp - so, 16 valve.

On the DPF issue; from reading other threads, the Superb's problem is due to the routing of the exhaust in the Superb floorplan; there is no such problem for the Octavia. However, there may perhaps be an issue due to the 4 x 4 drivetrain?

As far as I know, the 2.0TDI witout DPF is the 16v version and the 2.0TDI PDF is the 8v version. I have read this on Norwegian forums, but I don't know exactly why they use 8v on the engine with DPF.

As far as I know, the 2.0TDI witout DPF is the 16v version and the 2.0TDI PDF is the 8v version. I have read this on Norwegian forums, but I don't know exactly why they use 8v on the engine with DPF.

OK; but so far only the 2.0 TDI 170 used in the vRS has the DPF as standard; so it must be compatible with the 16v head.