Epc

Hastings David

I have a Fabia 1.4 16V

The EPC light has started to flicker and then stays on. When the engiune is swithched off the EPC light goes off ad stays off for a couple of days. Then we start all over again.

I have had a similar, random operation of the engine management light but the dealer could find no speciofic fault.

Any clues would be helpful.

Welcome to Briskoda. :) If you don't get a technical reply in this First Time Visitors forum in the next day or so, repost your query in the Fabia Technical forum.

Thanks for the tip Lummox.

I note that there is some sort of modification to the Brake Light Switch. But I cannot find any fault with its operation. (ie the stop lights work pervectly and go off when the brakes are off. Is it still likely to cause this warning lamp fault?

The engine managemment light has also come on today and will not go off.

There appears to be no problem with the way the car is running.

I dont have access to the fault code detecting computer and guess that i have got to find someone who has.

Local independant garage has just used his diagnostic kit. The problem is shown as Exhaust recirculating valve and another related fault. He says this is common on several cars including Vauxhall. He says that it is particularly likely if you take a longer journey after loads of town drivinh. He has cleared the fault memory on my car's computer and reset it. So far so good !!