Golf Dash into Octy Mk1 - a bit techy..

richm

I actually like the green Skoda light .... otherwise I wouldnt have bought the car. And I so much like the dash/interior of the vRS contra the standard MK1 Octavia/Standard G4 GTi wich is absolutely BORING. So I'll go for the original MK1 vRS FIS cluster.

But I like your conversion to blue also though ... just not that Skoda'ish :D

They didn't do a full-height FIS cluster in the Mk1 Octavia, only the half-height MFA.

If I'm wrong, then I'd desperately love an FIS to go with my Nav unit. As it is, the MFA isn't enough for me to make the effort and I don't like the font on the VW clocks.

J

They didn't do a full-height FIS cluster in the Mk1 Octavia, only the half-height MFA.

If I'm wrong, then I'd desperately love an FIS to go with my Nav unit. As it is, the MFA isn't enough for me to make the effort and I don't like the font on the VW clocks.

J

You can swap the foils, I have vRS foils on my VW clocks.

Must look great!? Got any pics?

51octy > Your wrong .. :)

I have seen FIS on MK1 diesel and vRS

No but I can take some, they look like the ones in your photo except I've used the VW sport needles as I prefer them to vRS needles.

51octy > You're wrong .. :)

I have seen FIS on MK1 diesel and vRS

Humm, interesting. Were they the right colour, or where they modified VW units? I've never seen anything other than 'Maxidot' listed in the brochures either, which came as standard with the L&Ks and the automatics. Maybe it's a Euro option?

I think we're talking a part number of: 1U0 920 946C (See Tachometer) - has anyone got ETKA?

You can swap the foils' date=' I have vRS foils on my VW clocks.

[/quote']

You bad man! :) Are you trying to bankrupt me? :rofl:

J

Someone with ETKA has pointed me right. :thumbup:

There is a part, 1U0 920 941K, a May/2001-on full-height dash cluster for an L&K with the ASV TDi 110 engine. 921K is the half-height display, 911J has the trip computer and 901J has just a clock.

Apologies! :o

J

Full FIS part numbers for post-April 2001 cars:

1U0 920 941X - where X is

A : MECHANIKA automatic AXP, BCA

B : MECHANIKA automatic AEH,AKL,AVU, AGU,AUM,ARX, APK,AQY,AEG, AZH,AZJ,BFQ

C : MECHANIKA automatic AUQ,

E : AQM

J : MECHANIKA automatic AGR,ALH,ATD AHF,ASV,ASZ

K : L&K AGR,ALH, AHF,ASV,ASZ

H : L&K AGU,AUM,ARX

I don't know what engine code a vRS is, sorry :( I also don't know if they're a straight swap, but I'm about to find out :thumbup:

J

Full FIS part numbers for post-April 2001 cars:

1U0 920 941X - where X is

A : MECHANIKA automatic AXP, BCA

B : MECHANIKA automatic AEH,AKL,AVU, AGU,AUM,ARX, APK,AQY,AEG, AZH,AZJ,BFQ

C : MECHANIKA automatic AUQ,

E : AQM

J : MECHANIKA automatic AGR,ALH,ATD AHF,ASV,ASZ

K : L&K AGR,ALH, AHF,ASV,ASZ

H : L&K AGU,AUM,ARX

I don't know what engine code a vRS is, sorry :( I also don't know if they're a straight swap, but I'm about to find out :thumbup:

J

good man! :thumbup: :thumbup: ultimately there is only one way to learn about some of this stuff :D

• 2 years later...
Are you sure the clocks you have a brand new and not just 'zeroed'? If they're not brand new you need the SKC for your car AND the SKC for the new clocks. Only 'virgin' clocks can be fitted with just the SKC for the car.

If you need anymore help ask here or use MSN (my details are in my profile).

To get range to empty the EEPROM needs to be reprogrammed.

Hi.

How can I find the SKC for used clocks.

I want to buy it second hand, and the clocks are dismounted already from the donor car.

Sorry if this sound like a stupid question for you, but I am beginner in this kind of things.

BR.

Cip.

Hi.

How can I find the SKC for used clocks.

I want to buy it second hand, and the clocks are dismounted already from the donor car.

Sorry if this sound like a stupid question for you, but I am beginner in this kind of things.

BR.

Cip.

Various systems are out there that will extract SKC codes from the instruments via the OBD diagnostic socket - CAN Commander, Login Reader etc, so maybe find an auto locksmith who has this kind of kit.