Skuds working hard...

Mr.Lucky

Interesting.

Saw my first ever vRS Octavia police car in late August 2002 At the top end of the Lake District. Silver with lots of stickers on it. Actually saw it only a few days before I picked Otka up.

Saw my first unmarked one (silver) in Middlesborough last year.

Two of them in full regalia working hard today on the A19 Northbound past Wolviston, catching road-tax dodgers in conjunction with a Camera van and a police bike. Then only a few miles further on I see a vRS (silver unmarked) on the Southbound side tugging some non-descript car.

The Cleveland lot seem to like them. Any one on here doing duty on that stretch of road today? The Skuds were out in force today, 3 in the same stretch of road. And a Helicopter Ambulance and a burning corsa too.

I wonder if any of them with the blue lights flashing could beat my record from the Penshaw junction to the Wolviston slip road?

Probably not...

Funnily enough, i've just been for a blast up the back roads from Hartlepool towards Elwick & on to the A19..

2 Octy RS's (1 marked, 1 unmarked) had a van stopped just outside Elwick before you come to the A19 Junction. The Traf Plod in the unmarked car had a good look as i went past grinning like an idiot :D

And yes, the ANPR van has been parked in a lay-by on the A19 this afternoon. I passed it on my way home from work at 4 pm, the 51 Reg Unmarked RS was heading down the Southbound carriageway at the same time.

They're remarkably easy to spot when you know the secret, but i pity anyone who doesn't know yet :cop:

Come on then Geoff' date=' Enlighten us all... Please....

Tim

Ps. Could it be the mulitple arial's on the roof ??[/quote']

Nope, cos as i said before, the 51 reg car only seems to have 1 aerial, for some reason :confused:

They just stand out....but then again i have a Silver one too, so they tend to catch my eyea bit more ;)

Was due to be going up the A19 today with a mate of mine. Just had the car re-mapped and a few other things so I was planning on going warp speed just to show my mate what the beast can do. Sounds like it was a lucky thing that I decided to stop at home and do the paperwork instead.

Was due to be going up the A19 today with a mate of mine. Just had the car re-mapped and a few other things so I was planning on going warp speed just to show my mate what the beast can do. Sounds like it was a lucky thing that I decided to stop at home and do the paperwork instead.

Indeed.

I tend to take it easy on that stretch of the A19 now, as it seems like every time i go along that road there's a Traffic car hidden in one of the farm access roads that are dotted along that stretch...

Coming back from work tonight at about 19:30 and the whole vRS / cop bike / camera van contingent were parked up on the westbound A66 near Urlay Nook heading towards Darlo just past the 'regular' speed camera site... you have been warned.

Indeed.

I tend to take it easy on that stretch of the A19 now' date=' as it seems like every time i go along that road there's a Traffic car hidden in one of the farm access roads that are dotted along that stretch...[/quote']

Good point. However, if you are going fast enough they don't even register your presence... :thumbup:

Wasn't it about 175mph so that a gatso wouldn't go off ? Has anyone got a tavia that can do that ? Did speak to a chap whos running well over 300bhp and he reckons he's seen 160mph can't see it myself though !

Gatso max trigger speed is 155 mph i believe, slightly higher for a Truvelo ;)

160mph is more than possible, btw. I've not even pushed mine remotely close to this, but i've stumbled across 1 or 2 peeps that have ;)

Looking forward to April 24 to see just what mine can do :drive:

Ahhh, but who said anything about being in a Skoda?

339%3A%3A36323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D88%3A%3D%3C2%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E232338%3B%3B96448ot1lsi

Anyway, I have seen well over 150mph (indicated) in Otka before she went. Clock speed is nowhere near real speed however.

Otka's true speed, in damp conditions into a slight headwind was 143.8mph after a standing start 1.5 mile run through timing equipment.