German translation.............

Hi

Does anybody know what the word "Zielfuehrung" means? :confused:

On my new Superb the trip computer display occasionally throws up the message "zielfuehrung nicht aktiv" & most of the trip functions seems to freeze.

My German isn't great but I do understand that something to do with a clock isn't working - can anyone provide a more concise translation please?

This only happens on starting the ignition & clears if car is restarted.

My local main dealer don't have any ideas about this - they have run electronic diagnostics which are apparently all OK, have contacted "Skoda Technical" & got no useful help.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

Anybody have the correct link to the Zielfuehrung below?

I am having this problem and was wondering if there is an actual solution other than using the windscreen washer rocker switch to jump back to trip computer?

Cheers,

Joe T

Well, I have also experienced this problem a few times, always when starting the car.

Approx. 20 years ago I had German in school, but unfortunately it has not been used too much.

But I think "Zielfuehrung" actually means, directly translated to English, something like "Goal guidance", or "destination guidance", and I guess this is a German expression for GPS satelite navigation. This didn't exist in cars 20 years ago :) So "Zielfuehrung nicht aktiv" would be "GPS not active" or something like that. Please excuse, my English is also from school 20 years ago :)

When I have experienced this, I have simply turned the radio/sat-nav off and on, and then the problems have disappeared.

The conclution I have made personally is that during start up of the different units, the sat-nat does not start correctly,or communication fails somehow, and the trip computer is not able to find or communicate correctly to the sat-nav.

I searched a bit, and I think the previous discussion is here:

http://briskoda.net/superb/help-zielfuehrung-nicht-aktiv/62820/

Myran

Edited by Myran

Approx. 20 years ago I had German in school, but unfortunately it has not been used too much....

..... Please excuse, my English is also from school 20 years ago :)

Myran

With language skills like that, it must have been a pretty good school :thumbup: