Vandals

lescargot

It appears someone has taken a permanent black marker to the side of my car. Scum bags. Fortunately it is just a line at the same level as cars tend to get keyed and not anything offensive. I thought it might wash off at the car wash but no luck. Any ideas what the easiest and least damaging way to remove these marks?

chemical wipes will take permanet ink straight off paint work but the ol board marker pen ovr permanent marker pen trick is a good idea well it works on white boards anyway!

you were lucky it wernt a key mark some1 keyed my car the other week SCUM but the car was repaired and painted that day for free ;):D

draw over it with non-permanent (white board) marker and then just rub off, that should work ;)

Yes, that should work. We do this in the office when someone accidently uses a permanent marker instead of the correct one.

Anything with a bit of petrol distillates should take it off. If you can't get hold of IPA (above), I'd try some WD40 on it.

Hopefully no harm has been done. A bit bizarre though?! Oh, and make sure you at least wax over it afterwards, as the IPA/WD40 will cut through any polish/sealant/wax there before. Ideally I'd polish, glaze then wax after sorting it.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Should come off with some WD40 mate :thumbup:

Heres a recent case of vandalism taken from VAGcars.com:(

i had an an altercation with a bunch of ***** the other day. id just been to the gym, and id dropped my mate off. as i was about to set off, one of these low lifes threw a shoe into the middle of the road, forcing me to slam my anchors on. i wound my window down and said "that wasnt very ******* clever, was it?!?" and drove off.

woke up abruptly yesterday morning to a text from my mate across the road. the message read

"i think you better take a look outside mate!"

still pretty much asleep, i peeled the curtains back to reveal......

DSCF0280.jpg

DSCF0281.jpg

DSCF0293.jpg

FWIW it's always better to start from the least abrasive or corrosive then move forward (rather than trying to go for broke in one hit - if you see what I mean).

Permanent dry markers can be removed with household ammonia (chemist or hardware store - about

Someone pinched the Skoda badge off the back of my Octy...

Either Skoda really is turning its image around to the point that the badge is seen as worth nicking.... or it was one desperate, desperate **** who did it.

Anything with a bit of petrol distillates should take it off. If you can't get hold of IPA (above), I'd try some WD40 on it.

Hopefully no harm has been done. A bit bizarre though?! Oh, and make sure you at least wax over it afterwards, as the IPA/WD40 will cut through any polish/sealant/wax there before. Ideally I'd polish, glaze then wax after sorting it.

Steve

Rubbing petrol in, would be the last thing I'd try.... Even a little drip of it, due to careless 'filling up' runs down the side of the car, it's a bugger to clean off.