drivers door ecu

where abouts is this located as this is the part that i was told by skoda is faulty.

since they messed with it it hasnt worked too badly but my local auto sparky is having it in tomorrow to try and clean it all up and hopefully get it working properly.only trouble is that he hasnt ever worked on one of these before and wasnt sure whether it was like the comfort unit on vw's as this is located under the seat.i told him that i think it is actually located in the drivers door,is this correct.

if this cant be repaired does anyone know the part number and the trade price for one as a mate has offered to get it through his work at trade price for me but i would obviously need the part number and it would be nice to know the price beforehand.

thanks.

You sure you mean the ECU? This is the brains of the car, and as far as I am aware don't get taken out to be cleaned. There is an OBD port on the drivers side near the bottom of the dash (or around that area) that you plug into to log into the ECU with a laptop.

Sounds like the one that controls all the door/windows functions etc which is prone to going wonky?

yep that sounds like the one although the only problem with mine is that the remote sometimes doesnt lock or unlock the drivers door and it tells you when you are driving that the door is open when it isnt.

just spoken to skoda uk about the bad dealer service that i have had and asking how an internal part of the door electrics can be made so that it allows water ingress and that i cant see why i should be made to pay for something that is a common fault that should have been rectified by skoda.there answer was that they know of no issues with this and that i dont qualify for any skoda financial assistance on this matter because i dont meet the criteria(didnt buy it new:rolleyes:)and that any problems that i have regarding a main dealer refusing to do work under warranty is between me and them.now although i have no problem with things not being covered by warranty that have corroded and by wear and tear externally,how do they not cover something that has corroded internally as surely it shouldnt be able to do this anyway

where abouts is this located as this is the part that i was told by skoda is faulty.

since they messed with it it hasnt worked too badly but my local auto sparky is having it in tomorrow to try and clean it all up and hopefully get it working properly.only trouble is that he hasnt ever worked on one of these before and wasnt sure whether it was like the comfort unit on vw's as this is located under the seat.i told him that i think it is actually located in the drivers door,is this correct.

if this cant be repaired does anyone know the part number and the trade price for one as a mate has offered to get it through his work at trade price for me but i would obviously need the part number and it would be nice to know the price beforehand.

thanks.

Sounds as though you are looking for the window motor and door loom to me 1U6959802D03Q and 1U0971120BG respectively.

:thumbup:

Oops, if its an Octavia that is.

Sounds as though you are looking for the window motor and door loom to me 1U6959802D03Q and 1U0971120BG respectively.

:thumbup:

Oops, if its an Octavia that is.

yes it is an octavia not the window at fault though,just the central locking and open door light on dash.been told i need the control unit not window motor.

yes it is an octavia not the window at fault though,just the central locking and open door light on dash.been told i need the control unit not window motor.

Ahh convenience control unit then?

would need the chassis no for that.

Just thought, that unit is not located in the door it sit inside the car, so can't be that, it only leaves the door latch itself if not window motor

i was told that my fault is to do with corrosion inside the drivers door.

the ones we've seen like that have all been sorted with new window motor and door loom.

The water gets inside the motor and corrodes all the conections on motor and loom.

Each door has a control unit within the door - it is called the door control unit, attached to and integral with this control unit is the window motor. The convenience unit is separate and under the right hand side of the dash, I think that the convenience unit issues the instructions to the door control units.

What the problem with your car is that water has got into the plug on the drivers door control unit and has caused corrosion and poor contact problems.

Each door has a control unit within the door - it is called the door control unit, attached to and integral with this control unit is the window motor. The convenience unit is separate and under the right hand side of the dash, I think that the convenience unit issues the instructions to the door control units.

What the problem with your car is that water has got into the plug on the drivers door control unit and has caused corrosion and poor contact problems.

any idea on the part number and price for this control unit.thanks.

Control unit cost incl. loom is approx £350 for parts in UK (approx. €500 in Ireland).... There was a thread on this very recently. I had my cenral convenience unit and wiring loom in drivers door replaced in January, and labour cost €200 to get it done at the garage. I would try to get someone to try and fix the connectors, as some have done with success first.

I'm not exactly sure if yours has the same symptoms as mine had:

LED on drivers door on permanently, windows working randomly, all doors bar driver's locking with remote, etc.

Go careful on the part number, best to get it read by diagnostic equipment or by reading it off the unit itself, it is likely to start with 1U6959802, followed by a letter and then 3 other letters/digits. They may all look the same but there are differences in the software and application is dependent on the chassis number. The price I vaguely recall as

Go careful on the part number, best to get it read by diagnostic equipment or by reading it off the unit itself, it is likely to start with 1U6959802, followed by a letter and then 3 other letters/digits. They may all look the same but there are differences in the software and application is dependent on the chassis number. The price I vaguely recall as