Bristol / Cheddar Mini Meet Next Week one evening?!

devonutopia

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the Blue Bowl by Chew Lakes? Usually a lot quieter midweek, and unlike Will I can be a good meet organiser and ring ahead and book. (Only kidding Will ;)) :D

Yep, I'm a deffinate on this one, Bit of driving at Chew Lakes maybe? ;)

I can't do a postcode search because of internet restrictions at the moment. Pub is called the Blue Bowl and is near the village of chew magna. It is a VERY small place, so any postcode you can get your hands on will be fairly accurate travel time.

Don't really mind, but if possible a post code etc would be great so I can find it :D

(plus estimate travel time)

Bit of driving is fine too ;)

Where are you from? It's on the Bath / Bristol road about 10 minutes from Burrington Combe.

OK, weds night is definite then! :cool:

Blue Bowl details are:

The Blue Bowl, Bristol Road, West Harptree, Bristol, bs40 6hj

I won't bother phoning up, as they will be quiet on a Weds night. I propose to meet there at 7.30pm for some eating, then perhaps a drive out to the lakes. ;)

I am trying to get there at that time. If possible can you drop me a PM with mobile number, will PM mine back, so if I run a bit late or get lost I can get in touch?

Haven't got any mobiles from any of you atm, so might be useful :)

Not sure how much night time driving I will be able to do, my Xenons are adjusted FAR too low atm, will have the laptop & VAGCOM in case someone knows how to adjust them a tad on the night, will probably need to make my way back at 11ish at the very latest as got to get up for APS visit at about 730 :D

Not sure how much night time driving I will be able to do, my Xenons are adjusted FAR too low atm, will have the laptop & VAGCOM in case someone knows how to adjust them a tad on the night, will probably need to make my way back at 11ish at the very latest as got to get up for APS visit at about 730 :D

Don't Xenons have the dashboard adjustment wheel? Or are yours at the limit?

Nope it's fully automatic, it's got a sensor on the rear (underneath) the car :P

To adjust Xenons you put them in maintenance mode, then tweak the height, then take it out of maintenance mode (or equivalent), it will know the correct level then and auto-level from there :)

It's great once set up but particularly bad when it's not set up right ;)

Nope it's fully automatic, it's got a sensor on the rear (underneath) the car :P

So if they are somehow set wrong, they automatically remain that way. Deflating the rear tyres is not an option then.

:rofl: - but don't forget we might be causing our own blackouts with the soot from Jason's + mine (if I end up having to fill up at BP again :rolleyes: ) :D

It might be worth driving through the 'gorge' on a pre-progress-making roundtrip to get shot of rocks though, I still havent got my sump guard back on and I don't want to be the next 'Si' and have to get another engine :P

It might be worth driving through the 'gorge' on a pre-progress-making roundtrip to get shot of rocks though, I still havent got my sump guard back on and I don't want to be the next 'Si' and have to get another engine :P

Quite. Nobody wants to rock and not roll.