Genuine delivery times?

On this forum and depending on who i talk too, i am getting varying reports on how long it should take for a car to arrive once its been ordered. Now the dealer i have ordered through has quoted 8 weeks for a vRS TDi estate (5 weeks to go).

In other threads people are saying its taken a lot longer than that, a couple even mention shorter. Now this is for the Octavia in generall, not the vRS specifically. I happened to be talking to another dealer the other day and they said it would be more like 10 weeks??

Has anybody got any better idea or experiance of delivery times, is 8 weeks about right?

8 weeks is about right but it all depends on what options you want and the colour.

i ordererd a Race Blue vRS petrol with only a Maxidot as extra in january and i was originally told 5th of march (i wanted march anyway cos of the plate change from 56 to 07) but then with about 1 week to go i was told it would be delayed 3 weeks because they couldnt get a Race Blue one with just a maxidot and i didnt want any of the other options. If you have opted for a load of extras it may go to a factory build for your car which could make it take 12 weeks.

So it is hard to say really but if your dealer has quoted you 8 weeks then this will probably be about right unless you've asked for every single option.

It's L&K with sunset and lightassistant as extras to the L&K-specs. Norwegian L&K are different from the UK version and the Norwegian agent for Skoda does not preorder any of the more expensive versions, like the 2.0tdi L&K DSG.

It was supposed to be buildt week 8, but it was finnished week 7 and shipped week 8.

Of course the other option is to look at it the other way round; ask your dealer what's floating around unsold in the system and if something (colour/spec) takes your fancy it could be yours within a week or so.

Dan

Of course the other option is to look at it the other way round; ask your dealer what's floating around unsold in the system and if something (colour/spec) takes your fancy it could be yours within a week or so.

Dan

Already looked at that, nothing even came close to the colour or spec i wanted. :thumbdwn:

My vRS TDI was ordered by my dealer 1st Feb with a pretty unique list of options.

I took delivery of it this afternoon; eight weeks to the day!

QED

Thats promising! :thumbup:

I remember when I ordered my first Fabia estate in 2002, I was quoted 12 weeks for delivery and was actually told by this certain delaer that they always quote 12 weeks and had never actually had a car come after the 12 weeks.

The way they looked at it is, if it comes on time, fine, it comes early, great. Everyones chuffed.